Comcast business router and remote desktop

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Is there another way other than buying a static ip address from comcast to remote in to my server?

Every time I google this it brings me back to having to buy a static ip address from them.

Dynamic DNS is the easy/cheap way out...

dyndns.org or a million other services will give you this option with a dynamic IP.

dydns will work fine for what you want, but if you have Comcast business class you may already have a static from them.

You have to add the static ip as an additional add on. One would think it would come with at least one but nope, not without paying an additional $15. I think their most expensive package doesn't even come with one

i have a static ip and dont know how. i use dyndns and notice my ip never changes for 6 months now.

If you renew the lease continually it will be 'static' power off your modem and router for a hour or two and it will likely change

My comcast consumer grade connection has had the same IP for ~12 months now, run all of my minecraft servers off of it and I haven't even bothered with setting up dyndns since there's no need. However, if your IP is in fact dynamic dyndns is a fantastic tool for solving this issue.

i have a static ip and dont know how. i use dyndns and notice my ip never changes for 6 months now.

When I had Comcast residential service my ip NEVER changed for two years I had it. Didn't even bother with dyndns.

My fios ip on the other hand changes twice a week.

If you renew the lease continually it will be 'static' power off your modem and router for a hour or two and it will likely change

i did that 2 times and i lose my connection and i had to call tech support to fix it. and they give me the same ip every time lol

Back