Comcast $50/mo 180Mb/s

captaindiptoad

Limp Gawd
Ok so I have always hated comcast.

I had WAVE at one point and enjoyed their 110/10 service as i had 2 roommates and i could stream, d/l games and movies, and stream outbound all the while the other 2 were always d/ling and streaming as well. Never once did i have a buffer, )even at 4K streaming.)

I then moved and HAD to deal with con-cast, yay. Anyway i always hated that if i was downloading something my g/f now wife would get serious lag, and vice-versa. even at their 75/5 speeds it was total shit.

That is a different story in its self and id like to know the answer to that at some point.

But for now my pressing matter is the fact that I was over at a friends house 2 nights ago, and this motherfucker had 180down and 20up for a whopping $50/mo. I know that I was living in an apartment at the time and there is something about nodes and sharing lines, and the fact that he has a house, and apparently an amplifier. Can someone please explain to me how the hell hes getting 180 for 50!

The local market determines the pricing.

By me, the 150/20 service is now $90 (was $139 with $99 for the first year).

I just upgraded to gigabit, which is $139 plus equipment rental (since you can't BUY DOCSIS 3.1 cablemodems yet and the provide you with a new wireless router to guarantee your WAN-to-LAN throughput).

I'm actually eligibile for 2-gigabit symmetrical as well. But I can't justify $300/month for it.

Maybe if I win the lottery someday...

That price almost certainly has a promotional period discount applied to it. I'm guessing it'll almost double when that promotion expires. I'm paying $50 for 75/10, but when the promotion expires in ~8 months it's going up to $90/month I think.

That price almost certainly has a promotional period discount applied to it. I'm guessing it'll almost double when that promotion expires. I'm paying $50 for 75/10, but when the promotion expires in ~8 months it's going up to $90/month I think.

I get 180/15 from Comcast for $50 a month. Have been for like 10 years now. I also call them once a year and complain my bill is too high, and they seem to always find me a deal and save me money. Just call and threaten to leave them for another service and they will do anything to keep your business.

I pay 80/month after the promotion expired.

5781896565.png

Back