Comcast 3mbit

theTIK

Gawd
It seems like my area just got converted over to 3mbit download, actually its effectively going at 3.2 which is awesome.... but, I was under the impression that when they made an area 3mbit download, they would increase the upload to like 300 bit, my upload speed is still the same on all tests i've ran, around 240 bit. I've tried rebooting the modem, does anyone have any information on this? If anyone else has comcast 3mbit, whats your upload? Is it possible they are upgrading in stages? Like upgrade the download one day and the upload another?

I have 3 meg down and 256k up. That is what all general subscribers to comcast's service are getting.

Wow I think comcast has a huge influx of capitol or something. This and buying Disney... pretty damn cool.

When Charter did this a couple of months ago it was only the downstream that was upgraded.

CHarter has done the oppisite, I use to pay for the platinum package 1.5/768 and they dropped the package to 128kbit upload while charging me the same price and they enver told me.

No way they'll give us anything for free ever.

Cox raised speeds here a couple months ago. went from 1500/192k to 3000/192k. Of course I pay extra for the 4000/384k.

how much a month do you pay for the 4mbits from cox it makes me sad to know i only have 2mbits.

RR also raised speeds in a bunch of areas my 2mbit is no closer to 3mbit.

Originally posted by chewygerble
how much a month do you pay for the 4mbits from cox it makes me sad to know i only have 2mbits.

The standard (3M/192K) package is $55/mo ($40/mo if you subscribe to cable). The premium (4M/384K) package is $95/mo ($80/mo if you subscribe to cable). Basic cable is about $13/mo so you only really get a $2 discount if you subscribe to both, but I don't own a TV so I pay full price. Is it worth $40/mo for the 1M extra download and 192K extra upload? Yes, I think so. I can max out my connection most times of the day, and in my oppinion 192k isn't enough of an upload pipe for a 3M downstream connection anyway.

Originally posted by Unoid
CHarter has done the oppisite, I use to pay for the platinum package 1.5/768 and they dropped the package to 128kbit upload while charging me the same price and they enver told me.

No way they'll give us anything for free ever.
Maybe for you, but I'm a cheap ass, and only had the 768/128 plan. I got upgraded to 2/128 or whatever it is now, but its much faster. My price didn't change either.

Back