Combo Pump/Res Question

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
2FA
Joined
Jun 25, 2003
Messages
29,037
I'm currently building a computer for a good friend and he's questioning my choice of placement for the combination pump/res from an XSPC kit which is at the bottom of the 5.25" bays. He's telling me that the combo pump/res should be placed higher than the block and radiator.

In all the years I've water cooled systems I've never placed the combo pump/res higher than the block or radiator. Despite showing him many systems configured the way I normally configure them, he's still standing here arguing with me.

Would some one (or many) be so kind to reply and help me settle this argument?

Many thanks in advance. :)
 
Uhhh, wont make a difference, the big thing is the placement of the pump in relation to the res, which in this case is a non-issue ..... he is an idiot :D hope this helps....... Whats his thoughts? You wil burn out the pump?
 
He's 'telling' me that the pump needs to maintain pressure and the only way it will do that is to be mounted above the radiator. I explained how the cooling system in a vehicle works and he's telling me I'm full of beans... :rolleyes:

Whats his thoughts? You wil burn out the pump?
 
WTF is he talking about "maintain pressure" ... in a pump/res combo the pump is submerged .... so the pressure is the same regardless....
 
Pump/res location inside case does not matter at all. Mines at the very bottom of my case below everything else.
 
Back
Top