• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Combine web server/NAS/PerForce to one machine?

Lamont

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
4,415
I have three machines doing basic stuff:
  • Synology DiskStation DS216(j) 2Bay - Website/NAS
  • Terrastation 2Bay - NAS
  • i7 tower - Perforce (Windows 11) and Steam/GOG/Epic Downloader (local copy of all games/quick install).

My current plan is to move my two NAS machines to one using TrueNas (still not clear if I can host the website with TrueNas) and keep the P4 machine on it's own. BUT what I want to know is if it's possible to run P4 and TrueNas on the same machine? Or is there another DIY Nas OS that I should use? I can move my Steam/GOG/Epic downloader to a lower-spec machine if needed.

Thank you in advance for any input.
 
Virtualization is what you're after (which you can do with TrueNas/1 machine) - just spin up a VM for anything you want to keep separate/need a different OS for/want to be able to wipe and restore quickly without taking everything else down etc

TrueNAS SCALE has better HW GPU passthrough for your 'Windows/game installer VM' - so consider that IMO (TrueNAS Core no longer supported really - just FYI)

P4 can run in a Docker on TrueNAS as well
 
Last edited:
Awesome!! I will read up on Docker and getting TrueNAS set up and stuff.

(and also migration of P4 data from Windows to TrueNAS).

Thank you kram182
 
Back
Top