Colossal

Mega6

2[H]4U
58ae8803160b46fb6d9c89d574fa510327932d6b398c5a961b61fa7a273fd547.jpg

This game flys with the Vega 64 at 4K. Love the intense detail and high number of objects in the game. Very fun game so far, very similar to The New Order style which I loved - just looks way better now and plays even better.

Can't wait for some high frame rate 1440P goodness with this game when I get home! AMD just loves the Vulkan API...Now if we could only get 3-5 great games a year using it vs DX 11.

Can't wait for some high frame rate 1440P goodness with this game when I get home! AMD just loves the Vulkan API...Now if we could only get 3-5 great games a year using it vs DX 11.
My WC/LC Vega64 get 140-165 fps through the first 3 hours.

I think with such a high profile game releasing Vulkan only I imagine other developers will take notice.

Game runs great at 4K, usually too fast and over the FreeSync range - bummer. Latest patch causes it to crash when using V-sync, initially it did not. I am very much enjoying this game, looks great, highly complex environments with many objects.

I think with such a high profile game releasing Vulkan only I imagine other developers will take notice.

Main issue is that this engine is specific to a developer, no different than say Frostbyte is to EA (now).

The challenge is in implementation; id tech has been OpenGL, Mantle, and now Vulkan (OSS only) from the beginning, not touching the DirectX codebases and thus avoiding the associated low-level design complications.

Further, do note that id tech 6's performance is more engine design than Vulkan-driven; they went in with performance and responsiveness targets, which is why the games based on it 'feel' so good.

[and this not to detract from the new Wolfenstein game or the Vulkan API, but more to take a sober look at the state of things...]

Finished story in Game - I had a lot of fun - going back now and mopping up until I get bored. Like last one, I will replay probably two more times, at least once more - I just love ID games guns - fluid/impactful as hell and very fun.

Vega 64 LC performance was top notch in 4K maxed out but with no motion blur or chromatic aberration.

Issues:
  • NO FREESYNC WHAT SO EVER
  • Vertical sync worked initially but not sure if driver or game update broke it - if I turn on vertical sync in game it just crashes
  • Other than that the game is virtually crash free, I remember once it did crash while playing but that was it.
  • After completing the story - I was 37% completed with the game WTF??? I guess not doing all the enigma missions, finding the gold, some side missions, cards and do dads I missed out on 63% of the game - lol
Graphics are amazing at times particularly the lighting! Complexity of objects was a real treat!
20171106012516_1.jpg 20171106044719_1.jpg 20171106152424_1.jpg

Back