coloring my keyborad.

xdviper

Gawd
alright, i've got a brandnew compaq keyborad here that my aunt never used because she brought a seperate wireless combo. but now i've got it in my hands :D
and i want to color blue. (just for fun).
i've already brought a blue spray can. but what and how do i do it?
do i just spray it over the keyborad and let it dry. i've opend up the keyborad took everything out so no worries but what else do i need? thx

It would help alot if you lightly sanded down the plastic, and then put on multiple layers....

Hal did a great job painting his mouse and keyboard in his "trashed log" . Check out how he painted it and you should have no probelms.

Don't use regular spray paint - it has adhesion difficulties with plastic. High use areas such as a keyboard will only make it worse. Go to an auto parts store and find some "vinyl dye" spraypaint. This will actually fuse with the plastic to create a much more durable finish. Alternately, try the Krylon Fusion, it's also designed for plastic. I've heard it's not quite as good, but still far better than regular spray paint. Also, disassemble the keyboard completely and paint each part separately.

Back