ColorHCFR is it any good for calibration ?

Hello,

About a year after releasing v1.22f we are now proundly announcing availability of ColorHCFR v2.0.

You will find it here : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/ColorHCFR/index_en.php

I would like to take the oportunity to thanks all our team members and especially Georges G. that drive and code a huge amount of this new version (almost 80% of code is different )
Also many thanks to Benoit (Ki) and Michel (mlill) for their huge number of tests and feedback... and obviously to many AVS posters and testers, Zoyd, alluringreality, hwjohn, lovingdvd and many others.

We really hope you'll enjoy this new release, we have tried to add many features you were asking for... Everything won't be there, some may find this and that not the way they'd like, but as usual we had to make some compromise, but really think the goal is acheived.
This version is faster, better and even more accurate than before (especially when using third party probes).

This version did not install itself in same directory as 1.22 (this is on purpose)
You can chose to do so, no problem, but you'll have to ammend the default install dir (now "ColorHCFR")
I would anyway recommend you de-install v1.22f (although there is no problem at all to install v2.0 on top of it).
Take care, if you zap former version, you may have copied some probe DLLs in the "Colorimeter_HCFR" directory, you will have to copy them again to the new v2.0 "ColorHCFR" dir.

Version 2.0 fully open and manage v1.22f files, the reverse is not true (file format change).
BTW, we strongly encourage you to upgrade

Many changes in this version, starting with a new user interface and many other cool things, build-in pattern generator, fixes, probe tunning, build in help file in French & English, etc, etc...

We let you discover all this and are waiting for your feedback

Obviously this version (and any others) is free and is release under GPL licence.

We are hoping you'd be pleased by this version, we will now work on upcoming v2.1 (yes, there is still some stuff to do, especially add new probes and some feature not tuned enough to make it to v2.0)

Source: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=983943

How does this software compare to the basICColor software ? :confused: Which is better that i should use with my Eye One Display 2 ?

Back