Colorful to Become World's Second Biggest Graphics Card Vendor in 2015: Report

erek

[H]F Junkie
PRC-based Colorful, which started out as (and continues to be) a vendor of wacky, over-the-top GeForce GTX graphics cards, has surpassed industry stalwarts MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte, in terms of graphics cards shipped worldwide this year, according to industry numbers published by DigiTimes. The report notes that Colorful could become the second largest graphics card maker in terms of shipments by the end of the year, next only to Palit (the current leader in terms of shipments).

http://www.techpowerup.com/212870/c...gest-graphics-card-vendor-in-2015-report.html

Never heard of them, if they do come over here they would consider a total rebranding. Colorful sounds like Power Color and they have a bad reputation.

They pretty much own the Chinese market from what I understand. I remember that bat shit insane 560 Ti they put out a few years ago which had something like 5 extra heatsinks you could bolt on. They also sell those plain shroud units with a set of paints... just in case you wanted the inside of your case to look like something an 8 year old brings home from art class.

Powercolor has a bad rep? I think you are mistaken. ;)

Their initial brand in there 90s was crap (crap chipsets, crap build quality, etc). Is it really that much better today?

They have a huge hole to crawl their way out of.

They pretty much own the Chinese market from what I understand. I remember that bat shit insane 560 Ti they put out a few years ago which had something like 5 extra heatsinks you could bolt on. They also sell those plain shroud units with a set of paints... just in case you wanted the inside of your case to look like something an 8 year old brings home from art class.

I'd love that :). Also I was surprised Palit sells that many card... it used to be utter crap, something low quality, using chepaest and worst parts, ECS of GPUs :)

Looks like they mainly sell in China. I also remember them from years ago, not very good then. Possibly better now but hard to say.

Colorful has developed a strong brand-image in the Greater China region, particularly in the mainland

Their initial brand in there 90s was crap (crap chipsets, crap build quality, etc). Is it really that much better today?

They have a huge hole to crawl their way out of.

IDK, I've heard nothing but bad things about their customer service in the us.

ROFL!!

kudan-08.jpg

Palit?! What?!

The report notes that Colorful could become the second largest graphics card maker in terms of shipments by the end of the year, next only to Palit (the current leader in terms of shipments).

heh..this must be the kit...

http://www.techpowerup.com/154959/c...rful-and-feature-rich-geforce-gtx-560-ti.html

Wow those things must weigh a lot. Kyle how about some reviews ;)

I know, I know, if we send one to you it will get reviewed.

Back