Color/Screen problem with SLI Enabled

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Okay, so I put in another 9600GT to Enable SLI on my Eclipse Plus and running 3DMark Advantage result in very bad color switching and screen flickers like crazy. It starts right after I click on Benchmark to start it. It starts even before the Nash scene benchmark begins. I'm running latest WHQL driver version 260.99. This is on Windows 7. What could be causing this flickering or bad color switching?

FYI: 2x BFG 9600GT (vanilla version).

try going back to the 258.96 drivers. other then the SLI profile's that come with 260.99 theres no reason to use them on the 8 and 9 series cards, also check your temps.

Will try earlier driver version. Temp is fine, they are below 50 and even as low as 35 with 100% fan speed. Thanks...

I tried 258.96 and it's doing the same thing. Probably PSU not providing enough power? I'm using a Thermaltake PurePower 680W...is this good enough for the two 9600GT and MSI Eclipse Plus with a Xeon W3550?

Can you describe the flickering? If it's a blue-green color switching that flickers on and off only during 3D apps that use SLI then it's most likely caused by the SLI bridge ribbon cable being loose. I had the same issue with my 460 setup - all I did was re-seat the cable and all was well. You may possibly have a bad SLI bridge - maybe try running without it to see if you still have the same problem.

Well, there are color bars just suddenly appear, then disappear. They make the screen flickers and somewhat corrupted. I'm going to try a different SLI bridge to see if it makes any difference.

I tried a new/different SLI bridge and it's still doing the same color scrolling/flickering. So, I don't know what's going on now. New PSU?

I'd think that PSU should be fine, of course there's always the possibility of the PSU going bad over time. Have you tested the newly added 9600GT by itself? Sounds like it could just be a bad card; if you haven't, try running it alone and see how it does.

I'd think that PSU should be fine, of course there's always the possibility of the PSU going bad over time. Have you tested the newly added 9600GT by itself? Sounds like it could just be a bad card; if you haven't, try running it alone and see how it does.

Agree with this. Have you tested each card for Furmark stability individually?

Could be your PSU as well, but check the cards first.

I haven't tested them with Furmark specifically, but both cards work fine on different PC by themselves. Will swap out the PSU later when I have time and see how it goes. Thanks for the input.

Back