Color Profile question...

itachi183

Limp Gawd
Hey, I got a color profile file for my monitor from a site, it's an .Icc file, so i tried loading it through nvidias color profile thingy, and the colors went all out of whack like dark and luminated. My friend has the same monitor and uses the same profile (he told me about it) but he said it doesn't do that to him. So I tried other profiles and they all did the same exact thing. So now I'm wondering how I could fix this cause I want to use that color profile ><;;

Sum it up: My nivida control panel uses same settings for all color profiles I feed it. I want to use a color profile with it but can't cause of it.

Any idea?

Monitor profiles are usually loaded by a windows control panel applet.

Info here for windows XP.

http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/windows-xp-color-control-panel.html

Ah, thanks.

I tried out that one profile, it made things a bit brighter but not too much. I was hoping it would even out the gamma for me, I've been trying for hours to get settings I like on this new monitor lol

btw, what profile what the default one? I picked SMPTE-C and it seems to have gone back to the old way lol

sRGB IED61966-2.1 is the only base profile I have.

I have two LCDs, I don't have a profile set at all for the second, I think it will default to the windows color space, which is the above.

Back