• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Color Problem X1950 Crossfire

zman1974

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
81
A week ago I booted up my computer, and my wallpaper had a greenish-tint to it. Black and grey were now displayed as a camo-green. Then, after loading a webpage, the problem persisited. Even now, as I type this, parts of the web-page that are supposed to be black are camo-green. I downloaded a monitor utility, Checkemon, and the monitor passed all of it's tests with flying colors (Dell 2407).

I can only conclude that the X1950 is the culprit. I downloaded the new drivers just released for the card, and that didn't help. What do you guys think? Are the cards bad, or is there something else I am missing?
 
Have you tried another video cable from the monitor to the card?
VGA instead of DVI?
 
Have you tried another video cable from the monitor to the card?
VGA instead of DVI?

No, but I'd rather not use VGA; I don't think I even have cable lying around anymore. If you strong feeling that's the issue I will go purchase one, though.
 
Ah that's rough. Do you have anyone you can borrow a VGA or another DVI cable from?
Trying another cable is just something I do since I have tons.
It's a possibility but I don't know if I'd spend money before attempting to borrow one.
 
Back
Top