Color Printer Suggestions?

athlon1.2

Supreme [H]ardness
Right now I have a Lexmark X752e printer/scanner/fax, but it's having some issues with the print quality.

I hate inkjets. They eat ink, and even if you print non-stop they require constantly changing the ink. Worse than that whatever you print gets smudged. My last inkjet clogged itself... I keep it in my Florida garage.

The solid ink (Phaser) printers I understand go bad if they aren't used constantly, so that's out of the question.

I want to have one device. I don't want to have a color printer & a B&W printer.

Is there a decent reasonably priced device anyone can recommend? What I like about the current Lexmark is I can scan a document to an email address (type it on the touchscreen) with no computers involved. What I dislike is the power consumption.

This would be for home use. Realistically I print maybe 10-20 pages a week, sometimes way more, sometimes nothing.

I ended up ordering a Brother MFC-9320. From what I read in the manual it has standalone scan-to-email support. There was some Samsung in the same price range, but it seemed like it needs a computer, and I know Brother has a decent (lightweight/hassle free) driver and Linux/Mac support. Some of the Samsung reviews said there were no 64-bit drivers!

Back