Color Nook owners: Let me know if you've heard this one before

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...android-2-2-flash-push-e-mail-for-nook-color/

Yes! I did hear this and the update to 2.2 should come mid-April for those who bought it from HSN. Hopefully late April for the rest of us. Features will of course be Flash as well as additional apps and some sort of small B&N Market, kind of like the Android Market.

One thing I did read is HSN is selling a $300ish Nook with 'free' ebooks on it and those buyers will be the first to receive the update. The rest of us should hopefully get it afterwards in April, but B&N indeed say the Nook is getting 2.2. Now that it'll have Flash and the improved performance of 2.2, it should run pretty good.

I caught that ad someplace recently where HSN is shoving the NOOKColor out for $300-400 on people too ignorant to realize it's $249 in the stores and online at BN.com - the supposed "free eBooks" HSN is tossing in really aren't worth much at all (and some of them are just the typical public domain stuff that's actually free anyway). Kinda ripping people off but, if they're too ignorant to learn the real pricing, whatever.

"A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place." -- Gordon Gekko, Wall Street, 1987 :D

I've held off upgrading my NC. I'm on rooted 1.0.0 firmware still. I've also held off tinkering with CM7 or Nookie Froyo for now.

I'm really waiting for the B&N 2.2 update to be rooted before I bother with upgrading mine.

Running Nookie Froyo with the Status Bar Hack and WretchedBlues theme on mine. Moving the status bar to the bottom and adding Softkeys to the bar is darn near perfection.

The update would have to be pretty amazing to get me to switch.

Running Nookie Froyo with the Status Bar Hack and WretchedBlues theme on mine. Moving the status bar to the bottom and adding Softkeys to the bar is darn near perfection.

The update would have to be pretty amazing to get me to switch.
Areed. Not concerned at all.

Its not like this "BIG" update is going to turn the nook into a kick ass tablet.

Obviously the only way to do this is to use some third party builds..So why would we need this update? I want to use the nook with a perfected HC ROM. I already know that barnes and Noble inst going to let that happen from any updates that get released...

It is all going to have to come from the XDA developers..

Back