Color laser printer reccomendations

DarkStryke

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've been tasked with getting a printer for the folks, but since I do all my printing at work on the Xerox workcenter, I have no idea where to start.

A few things I'm trying to consider:

They want color functionality
It will be low use
Needs ethernet
Toner prices
Trying to keep it below $300

Now I'm trying to avoid ink-jet, as I know unless they're used regularly the nozzles start to go fubar. The majority of printing will be printed in B&W, so it might as well go laser for all the above reasons.

Some initial searching is showing the Samsung CLP-310N could be a good fit, but I'm throwing this out here to see if others in similar use situations have any advice.

I'm a huge fan of Brother laser printers. The software is much less intrusive than HP and the toner costs are a little less, too.

We have a 4070CDW that I got through Amazon for a little under $300 last year. That might be a bit bit for what they need, but I've set people up with the HL3040 series and everyone has loved it. Street price on that is under $200.

Apologies in advance if you know this trick, but a way to keep the cost of toner down is to create a second profile to print in b&w and make that the default. If your folks can handle using the pull down list when they want to print in color this can add years to the life of their color cartridges.

I've had good luck with the dell 2130cn. Replaceable drum/fuser, no hardware counters, no chips, 3rd party toner available at low cost.

Back