College rig wont even post

ok, rest of my system came in today...so naturally i built it up. however, it wont even post. i turn the thing on, and fans spin, but nothing else. i looked at asus's website, and found my RAM isn't on their qualified vendors list. the company is, but my model is not... dont know if that's the problem.

anyway, here's the setup

asus a8n sli delux
3700+
msi 6600gt pci 16
wd caviar 80 gig
lite on dvd burner
coarsair twinx 1g 2x512 pc3200
fps blue storm 500w

i have a month to solve this problem, however help right now is greatly appreciated.

For the brand of RAM you bought, to me that would be the last thing to blame. I don't see that RAM being a problem... did you try checking jumpers? Got the video card connected to the PSU (although simple, often overlooked the first couple times).

jumpers look okay, and for the 6600's there's no direct plug for the power supply. thanks though. i'm taking one stick of ram out, see if it helps.

Remove everything (just a mobo, proc, and psu) and add parts slowly, testing each time. Tell us when you find out what stops the post.

I realy don't think this is a RAM problem. This hapened to me once with an Asus board when I put RAM modules in wrong places, but it worked OK when I corrected it. Your RAM's should be in the two blue color DIMMS on the board. Does your system beep at all?

BTW: Your board has three (3) power connectors. Are all of them CORRECTLY connected to PS?

Did some research on this (Google). Your RAM has some issues with Asus board you have. Put one stick in channel B DIMM, it may boot (and that's the only way you could do it for now- I guess). May be you have to change RAM. I'm not sure. If you have time, do some more research in the internet.

Note: Read PM's I sent you, too.

well after taking it to pc shop, figured it's the board. swapped everything, one at a time, and it's the board. even moved my 3700+ to another board, and it fired up. so i get to RMA the board, and i'm sending the ram back too cuz the 'tard put it in backwards... :rolleyes:

bored-sarcasm said:
well after taking it to pc shop, figured it's the board. swapped everything, one at a time, and it's the board. even moved my 3700+ to another board, and it fired up. so i get to RMA the board, and i'm sending the ram back too cuz the 'tard put it in backwards... :rolleyes:

lol... I don't know how could he possibly do that with the keying :p

bored-sarcasm said:

what a crappy shop.. sticking ram in backwards and all... i would have demanded he pay for it

Back