college + folding?

Bodega

Gawd
well my mini farm back home isnt running due to power reasons and computer ignorant parents... i have my rig running here but no money for anything else... out of state tuition is a bunch higher and i got tons of other expenses now. anyone have any suggestions? i'd hate to not be able to do my part :( oh and borging isnt an option right now...

can't bring the mini-farm to the college? are you in dorms or an apartment w/ electricy included in the rent payments?

not exactly sure if i'd trust everyone around here to not mess with it, especially not on the weekend... on any other time for that matter... lol.none of them even have cases, they'd just be lying around my room which doesnt have alotta free space to begin with. :confused:

ah, that would be an issue.
unprotected (ie caseless) computers and college I'm sure would not get along

put a case of some kind on em. then make a cement bottom. no one will steal them then!

on a more serious note, you say borging is out of the question, meaning you asked some college official already?

If he's at CU in Boulder, then our IT admins won't let you. I've already tried. :(

Bodega said:
not exactly sure if i'd trust everyone around here to not mess with it, especially not on the weekend... on any other time for that matter... lol.none of them even have cases, they'd just be lying around my room which doesnt have alotta free space to begin with. :confused:

75% of my old farm didn't have cases and I lived in the dorms. $50 a year got me 10-15K of insurance for anything, theft, accidental breakage, etc....

Bodega said:
well my mini farm back home isnt running due to power reasons and computer ignorant parents... i have my rig running here but no money for anything else... out of state tuition is a bunch higher and i got tons of other expenses now. anyone have any suggestions? i'd hate to not be able to do my part :( oh and borging isnt an option right now...

Just a thought but perhaps you could adopt new parents? ;)

Luck

BillR

[/off topic]
are there any open decent paying jobs there right now? with some cash i might be able to do a bit more
[off topic/]

BillR said:
Just a thought but perhaps you could adopt new parents? ;)

Luck

BillR

tried that already, i forget exactly what they said but it was 'no' in one form or another but my dad thought it might be good idea :p

Bodega said:
[/off topic]
are there any open decent paying jobs there right now? with some cash i might be able to do a bit more
[off topic/]

Actually, a lot of jobs at ITS pay fairly well. If you don't mind doing tech support on the phone, that job scales pay pretty quickly. If you go up by the UMC on the east side, go to the tellecommunications building. Its the building just east of Sibel Wolle fine arts. Go to the front desk and fill out an app. I think it starts around 9 something, and increases like a buck after your first semester, 80 cents the semester after that, and 50 cents each semester thereafter. You can get to making like 11/hour pretty fast, which aint bad for an on campus job.

Good luck! :)

Knowing how the Peoples Republic of Boulder works, im supprised that something couldent have been worked out.

Heh, the beurocracy at the school is far different from the way the rest of the town works, unfortunately. :(

do you think they'd let me set up a few machines on some of their lines in the IT dept if i worked for them?

Bodega said:
do you think they'd let me set up a few machines on some of their lines in the IT dept if i worked for them?

Depends on where you work at, I suppose. If you worked with Central Servers at the computing center, i doubt there would be any problem there. However, if you were more on the "customer" end of things, like the service center, or ETFS, then I doubt it. I bet you could work something out if you got on as a bugbuster too. Good luck, at any rate. You'll need it with those guys...

Back