• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cold Start Post Failure

RHollister

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
207
Interesting problem here. You can look in my sig for my system specs. This happens fairly consistantly. When the computer is powered off and I turn it on it gets past the post screen but sits at a blinking cursor right before the screen that normally would show all the IRQ values and components of the system. Once I hit the restart button it boots up fine. Now I guess I wouldnt really have a problem with this except that ASUS has built in protection that says if it doesnt finish the POST operations then it will revert back to stock speeds on next power up. Luckily it retains all my overclock settings so all I have to do is go into the BIOS and hit save settings and exit and my overclock is back. But this shouldnt happen. Anyone have any ideas?
 
I only guessing but i think either your CPU or Ram is not getting enough power. Try increasing the voltage on them and see what happens. Hope im right or im clean outta ideas :)
 
Actually never thought of upping the voltages since they were stable once i got into windows, but upping the voltage a tad on the memory seemed to fix the problem. thanks for the input
 
Just thought i would make this thread useful since I actually figuered out the true problem. The problem was an old 40 gig hard drive, must be crapping out or something because as soon as I removed it the computer boots up quicker than ever and it doesnt hang at all anymore on the POST screen. Just something to keep an eye out for if you are having troubles booting.
 
Back
Top