Coding Management System

Munroenet

n00b
So I have recently began working with a lot of gents patching up some source code for a plugin and I started to realize it would be extremely nice if there was a unified spot on the web for it. I would rather host it myself if possible and its not an open source project so github is out.

In any case I was wondering what other people hear may have used and if they were good or bad.

Requirements:

Fits all on LAMP, nothing else. No Ruby Rails

No Need for subversion, git unless I have too.

Private

Thanks again. =)

If you're rejecting SVN and Git, it sounds like you're not looking for a source control system. So what exactly are you looking for? What are you envisioning? Be specific.

Last edited:
Github has private repos. It's only a couple bucks and you can't go wrong with it.

If you're rejecting SVN and Git, it sounds like you're not looking for a source control system. So what exactly are you looking for? What are you envisioning? Be specific.

I'm not rejecting them, I just want everything built into the LAMP, with no need of extra software.

I just don't want to spend the 7$ a month as I already have servers that could full handle this.

I figured that. I have servers too that could handle it. Yet I don't use them for that purpose.

I choose to stay with Github because of their fully featured management and git interface. I'm sure there are open source alternatives, but they are either crappy or don't have all the features of Github. Plus, well, you don't have to screw around with any of it, and, well, you know - time is money.

There are other issues that also arise up. In my case, I used to have git repos on my web server. Well, I think these are conflicting ideas. So I chose to move them somewhere else.

I'm not rejecting them, I just want everything built into the LAMP, with no need of extra software.
Ah... This clears up the syntactic ambiguity of the first post.

As others suggested, use hosted Git and pay for the private code repos.

git is awesome. Been using it for a while. I'm not sure why you want to stick with a LAMP only stack...? If it comes as a package in the distro it's not really all that hard to install it.

Github isn't the only place that hosts git repos.

Bitbucket is free for private git repos. I don't use it because I don't have any closed source projects, but if your team is small it might work.

"All in one front end" means different things to different people.

Additionally there is pretty much nothing worthwhile that doesn't require additional software besides the LAMP stack. However, everything is just one apt-get away.

I think it is, i'm just talking about an all in one front end.

If you've installed LAMP, the moment you create one table in MySQL or one script in PHP, you've got "more than the LAMP stack".

Github isn't the only place that hosts git repos.

Bitbucket is free for private git repos. I don't use it because I don't have any closed source projects, but if your team is small it might work.

I looked into it and sorta blew this one off, now that I look at it a little more closely its very nice. Might use it. :)

Back