Codecs, Drivers, something else?

bicranium

n00b
Not really sure where this belongs as it could be several issues (Display, video card, software, etc.) but I am having trouble playing x.264 encoded video files and transitioning them from one monitor to the other. I have a 24" Dell 2407 and a 47" Westy LVM, both connected via DVI to my GeForce 7900GT 256MB. Every x.264 (1080p, 720p, etc., etc.) plays PERFECTLY on my Dell but then I go to move it to my Westy so I can sit back on the couch and watch and it freezes almost exactly halfway between the two displays.

Everything had played (not smoothly, video would "skip" from time to time) between both displays about a week ago when I had ffdshow video decoder taking care of everything but, as I said, it wasn't smooth. So I got some updates, tried out CoreAVC and some of the stuff that would skip before works beautifully on both displays but other videos will do the freezing halfway between the screens.

It seems as if the problem could be CoreAVC but the consensus is that CoreAVC is the best/fastest/smoothest for x.264 playback and no one else has mentioned this problem that I've read. Thanks for any help in advance.

NVM.

My initial reaction was to ask of the PC can handle outputting the video to a larger resolution... I assume the TV is 1080p.

Check the driver release notes for the version you are using.
It might list this as a known fault for the version you are using.

Its worth trying other driver versions.

Back