• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Code 43 with a single 4870x2

IsaacMM

Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
646
Even after doing a clean Windows install i still get this error, i have tried using Catalyst 9.6 and 9.7, i still get the error.

What should i do?
 
I don't get it, i was using 9.6 for quite some time and it was normal, why would it suddenly be giving me problems?
 
I had this once and it seems to be a registry problem. I did a windows restore to a month ago and then installed latest drivers and it was ok. Also others had to do full windows wipe for it to work again.
 
I once fixed this problem by installing IE8, no kidding, even though I never use it. Never had a problem after that. I went around and around with this problem for a couple months. I eventually installed the 9.3 Hotfix that fixed the problem for me. I couldn't update to 9.4 since I would come back. I moved to 9.5 after I had to reinstall Vista and never had a problem from the get go. Now I'm on 9.7 and still no problems. I never really found out what the problem was though.

Are you using an Asus motherboard?
 
Yes i have a P5Q Deluxe.

I've done 7 clean Windows installs, and tried 7 different drivers, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6 and 9.7. Problem just won't go away. Don't know what else to do.
 
Have you used the hotfix driver?

I uninstalled and drive cleaned vista and then installed 8.10, since that was the last one that really work, and then installed the hotfix. Also, I had this problem on a P5Q Pro so it might be a chase for you.

Have you tried the IE8 thing? That was really out of the blue for me. I was just running windows update and installed it even though I never use IE. Did the reboot and problem solved. I did not do anything else.
 
Perhaps look and see if you have any chipset driver updates for the P5Q????

My reading of the AMD forums noted some people had to flash their GPU BIOS.
 
Yea, there was that bios flashing people were saying that fixed it. Yet, not everyone had success. The most often fix that I've seen used that worked is the Hotfix drive from ATI. Worked for me several times as I would try to update to newer drivers. It wouldn't work and I would get code 43 and then I would roll back or uninstall everything and start with the hotfix and have it working. It never failed for me.
 
Back
Top