• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Code 43 HotFix from AMD for ATI cards

mastrdrver

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
412
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU-6-HotfixthatfixesErrorCode.aspx

Havn't got a chance to try it out, but let us know. This is the only thing making me keep XP around. I think its a Catalyst update and requires 9.3 drivers. I know the download says it is RC1, so hopefully a permanent fix is close.

This is the code that lots have been having since 8.10 where Windows pops up and tells you it has disabled an incompatible adapter.

Last Updated
4/7/2009
Article Number
GPU-6

Symptoms:

* When enabling CrossFireX in the ATI Catalyst Control Center, the secondary GPU reports the following error "Error Code 43 - incompatible display"
* WHQL Drivers not available for ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 Series

Resolution:

* Provides Catalyst WHQL Certified driver for the ATI Radeon™ HD 4890
* Resolve the "Error Code 43 - incompatible display" issue seen on the secondary GPU when enabling ATI CrossFireX in the ATI Catalyst Control Center

Recommendation:
Install this Hotfix
 
Last edited:
Anyone? Bueller?

This isn't just for 4890 users. I would do it, but I'm having to reinstall Vista again and it's an early one so I have a lot of updates to go through.
 
This came out a day before the Catalyst 9.4 drivers. Would this hot fix be included with the latest drivers?
 
interesting. my x38 machine has been suffering from this error since i got my second x2 back from rma in october. too bad i've uninstalled all of my games. no reason to keep an old vista installation around when i can just install a fresh os.
 
This came out a day before the Catalyst 9.4 drivers. Would this hot fix be included with the latest drivers?

I don't think the Code 43 part is. It is not in the 9.4 notes anywhere and I don't think hotfixes are usually released to everyone until they are tested and proven to fix the problem and be reliable. That's how MS does it and I would this ATI/AMD would do the same.

There was one person over on techpowerup that mentioned he install this and fixed his problem with his 4870x2. Only weird thing was it said he had a 3870x2, which he had replaced with the 4870x2 a few months prior. No mention of any performance change, whether good or bad.
 
Back
Top