COD5 Release Date: Nov 11

Cliff Couser

[H]ard|Gawd
From Gamershell:

Newest edition of the award-winning franchise to deploy to retail November 11

Activision today announced that Call of Duty: World at War, the first person shooter sequel in the works at Treyarch Invention, the studio which developed Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and Call of Duty 3, will hit the store shelves on November 11, 2008. Activision and Treyarch have confirmed plans for Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer betas in October for Xbox 360 and separately for download on Windows PC. These betas will serve as an early chance for players to practice the tactics needed for survival in the intense chaos of Call of Duty: World at War's Pacific and European theaters.

Stalker Clear Sky should keep me busy till then. :D

Non-infinity ward developed Call of Duty games have been...hmmm lacking in the past? However co-op has gotten me fairly interested, hopefully it's decent.

Does anyone know if the beta will be a open beta or will you need a invite?

[Paragon];1032989849 said:
Non-infinity ward developed Call of Duty games have been...hmmm lacking in the past? However co-op has gotten me fairly interested, hopefully it's decent.

Eh, UO was developed by them also; that rocked!!!

Ugh, another WWII game. :rolleyes:

I may try it though. I did enjoy the first and second games.

[Paragon];1032991102 said:
True, and UO multiplayer was a damn good time. In fact here's hoping they do the same thing for multiplayer in this (modes, etc).

Yea, multiplayer was awesome. I don't know why everybody goes back to COD3; it wasn't that bad I do not think. Either way, the COD they released for PC was great; this could prove to be the same.

Honestly, imo the co-op looks bad, it's just like having a cods sp but instead of having retarded bots all other the place one of them will be useful for a change, no real co-operating between the players.
Thinking of it made me want to play sven co-op :p

I'm sick of them using the same old engine with new skins and sounds. I never played COD1 but I played #2 and #4, they play the same.

The big thing with gaming this year is creativity & innovation, for example, farcry 2, spore, mirror's edge, and little big planet.

And theres nothing innovative or creative about COD5. I won't be spending money on this game, I hope its the worst selling one of the franchise, maybe they will change things up. Like first adding a decent server browser and maybe a buddy list.

Ugh, not another run of the mill run and gun shooter, that has been made more user friendly than the last. There is no place for grenade indicators in a modern FPS I am sorry, I have eyes, and I have ears, that with my desire to live should be enough to identify incoming grenades, I don't need no sissy indicator. That and no more health bar / health packs just killed whatever that series may have had going for it with graphics in number 4.

I may be an FPS purist (I started with quake 2 after all), but difficulty should be what people strive for in there FPSes. Seems like CoD has streamlined the process of killing the enemy, while making the process as easy on your fictional body. If I got 16 health, and I have a line of guys to kill before hitting a health pack, basically 1 hit = your dead, your aim has to be perfect, you must kill them before they kill you, not to say you will always be in that scenario, but when you are, and when you have to be at your peak to get past a certain point, attempting to do this would be thrilling, Call of duties 2 - 4 and I guess 5 have taken the venom out of the cobra if you will, there is little risk in the combat, aka little fun.

Back to waiting for stalker to come.

I don't get how ppl are hyped about this.

COD 1, 2, 4 amazing, done by Infinity Ward.

COD 3 mediocre, made by Treyarch, Pi Studios.

COD5 is also made by Treyarch and is a sequel to the 3rd game. I don't see anything in particular that can bring up excitement besides it shares the same name with Infinity Ward games.

Awesome..... COD5 by November, and they still haven't managed to put out COD4 for the Mac yet.

I don't get how ppl are hyped about this.

COD 1, 2, 4 amazing, done by Infinity Ward.

COD 3 mediocre, made by Treyarch, Pi Studios.

COD5 is also made by Treyarch and is a sequel to the 3rd game. I don't see anything in particular that can bring up excitement besides it shares the same name with Infinity Ward games.

COD:UO was one of the best MP games I have ever played; guess who made it?

Back