COD5 MP Gameplay Vids

Looks very good :D Too bad I didn't play any other cod's besides Cod1, United Offense, and COD4. Maybe it's time for me to get all other ones before I play COD5 :D

it looks like ill probably be getting it, but almost appears as if the graphics have gotten worse since cod4

?

Looks kinda gay to me. Graphics can either be good or bad. but the knifing looks delayed and sound effects are ok.

to me, COD4 looked like COD2 with grafix enhancments laid over the top of COD2 and modern warfar...and it looked pretty damn nice, but i wish it was COD2 with better grafix laid over the top, and ww2...

and that is what cod5 IS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy

its going run the same as COD4, look the same, just be ww2...me likey

to me, COD4 looked like COD2 with grafix enhancments laid over the top of COD2 and modern warfar...and it looked pretty damn nice, but i wish it was COD2 with better grafix laid over the top, and ww2...

i agree. i just reinstalled COD2 last night and was surprised at how well the graphics have held up. i also forgot how much damn fun COD2 MP is.

Is it just me or did it look like the Russians were carrying Garands?

If the weapons are as faction inaccurate as COD4 I'll probably just avoid this one.

Is it just me or did it look like the Russians were carrying Garands?

If the weapons are as faction inaccurate as COD4 I'll probably just avoid this one.

LOL, best joke I've heard in awhile. You had to be kidding right...?

Seriously though, petty much?

Sort of on topic question: I know COD2 and 4 were big hits but what was wrong with COD3 that made people avoid it so much?

It looks identical to CoD4. And I mean that literally. "Modern Warfare" is meaningless in the context of a video game because guns are guns in a video game, regardless of whether their models are tommy guns or M4s. They cause damage with a lag-compensated hitscan system, they still hit targets through walls, you still have to aim down the sights for accuracy. Grenades will still one shot people, sniper rifles will still have scopes and breath control and will be easy to aim at the gigantic, slow moving models. There will still be an XP system with perks and unlockable weapons as well.

Sort of on topic question: I know COD2 and 4 were big hits but what was wrong with COD3 that made people avoid it so much?

Console only, and not developed by Infinity Ward. Though it was generally well regarded in Console reviews and sold well, it just wasn't on the pc.

Graphics look pretty terrible, i still enjoy my cod4 and see no reason to pick this up.

personally i'm skipping this version and waiting for cod6......

This does not look like its worth $50.

....another WW2 shooter....can't they make anything else? The genre is definitely getting WORN OUT...

How about a futuristic space shooter, like combat aboard a starship, or something along those lines....

yeah, lets make a ww1 shooter where you have a choice of two weapons....

For the love of Christ, why the sudden obsession with knifing? Bring back the fucking peoples' faces in with your rifle butt. Happy days.

Console only, and not developed by Infinity Ward. Though it was generally well regarded in Console reviews and sold well, it just wasn't on the pc.

I don't think this is IW either.

everybody knows that you actually run faster with a knife

LOL, best joke I've heard in awhile. You had to be kidding right...?

Seriously though, petty much?

Hardly. I'm a history buff and it annoys me when games aren't accurate. I realize I'm in the minority, but would it be that hard to model the Soviet SVT instead of just giving Russians an American made, American fielded rifle? I might be wrong since you can't see too well in the video and the graphics are average.

I get annoyed when someone is playing as a Marine in CoD4 with an AK47 or mounting an ACOG on an Uzi. It kills the immersion for me. I'm sure it sounds wierd/petty/stupid to you so I won't bash you back, but its my opinion just like it's my choice whether I buy the game or not. If they are lazy/inaccurate with the weapons I won't buy it.

Argh. I stopped watching halfway into the second video. It looks like it was being played on the Wii, and I wish to god CoD had always stayed PC-based/kept the CoD2 mechanics. What I mean is THE FUCKING GUI IS SO CLUTTERED AND FULL OF INCESSANT PROMPTS TO PRESS SOMETHING TO PICK SOMETHING UP OR A REMINDER TO HOLD SOMETHING TO HOLD YOUR BREATH WHEN SCOPED.

CoD2: No hardcore or spastic-core, it just took a certain number of shots to kill someone. CoD4 arcade mode: it takes a million 7.62 rounds to drop someone. CoD4 hardcore mode: it takes about one. There was nothing wrong with how they had it in CoD2, which is probably why I find myself going back to play it more than I do CoD4 nowadays.

Also, why are there dogs?

Also, why are there dogs?

i think it's something along these lines:
3 kill streak = recon plane
5 kill streak = artillery
7 kill streak = unleash the dogs

i'm ok with it. the dogs in COD4 SP were a bitch, should make COD5 MP interesting.

expansion pack

If it had vehicles, bombers, planes, jeeps and not just tanks then I might be happy. Oh and destructible environments and a modern setting....

Oh wait I mean BF3. Whhhhhen is that ever coming out!!! damn

finally got a hold of a beta key (yay random google searching for 2 hours). ive been playing it for a bit, and it's essentially CoD4 with a WWII setting imo. the game plays nearly identical to CoD4 with a few additions here and there (ex: tanks).

i do like the dogs though lol. while they arent nearly as effective as the chopper generally is, it's still hilarious to watch someone spray wildly while being mauled by 3+ dogs. the artillery strike is identical to an airstrike, though it seems to last a little longer. my issue with the artillery strike is that it uses a digital looking map just like CoD4 does. i was really expecting to see a paper-looking map when i brought up the strike...oh well thats just being picky i guess.

other than that, its pretty much the same thing. all the old perks are back for the most part.....including fucking juggernaut.......they could have left that one out for sure. theres a few new perks that they added, but i dont think any of them are accessible in beta since the max rank is only 11. weapon add-ons are also pretty much the same...suppressors, reticules (read as "red dot sight lol"), telescopic sight (ACOG scope), and even rifle grenades (grenade launcher).

overall, i like it so far. previews of the campaign all say it's really good, and they added online co-op this time around. worth $60? most likely, yes, worth the money imo....as long as the campaign is as good as sites like IGN are claiming it is anyway.

It looks identical to CoD4. And I mean that literally. "Modern Warfare" is meaningless in the context of a video game because guns are guns in a video game, regardless of whether their models are tommy guns or M4s. They cause damage with a lag-compensated hitscan system, they still hit targets through walls, you still have to aim down the sights for accuracy. Grenades will still one shot people, sniper rifles will still have scopes and breath control and will be easy to aim at the gigantic, slow moving models. There will still be an XP system with perks and unlockable weapons as well.

This game sounds like a "mod" really. i wouldnt pay £10 for a mod

It is petty, the russians picked up whatever weapons were laying about in WW2, so did anyone else outnumbered and low on ammo/firepower

It does look very much like a mod of CoD4 but in WW2, I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, if they can keep up the cinematic nature of CoD 1/2 I'll be happy, if it turns into a CoD3 style dummed down console romp I'll be skipping it.

Open note to developers, PC gamers want PC games and not console ports, kthx.

Back