COD4 saved game location

speedrat

Limp Gawd
Anyone know what folder contains the save games for COD4 in Vista64? I want to reinstall my game after a rebuild. Much obliged...

If COD4 is a "Games for Windows" then it should reside under the "My Games" folder in My docs. This is one of the many good things behind Games For Windows, that they standardized where save games go.

EDIT: hmm I thought it was a "Games for Windows" title however in my quick searches it appears it may not be. :(

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\NAME\save

How did you not find that?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\NAME\save

How did you not find that?

Thank you for the information.

As for your "question" I missed it because it didn't exist, but thanks again.

Nope, CoD4 doesn't have the "Games for Windows" labelling on it, thus the 'Saved Games' context menu does not work.

As stated above, that's where the profile folder is, so back that one up! :cool:

lol, ok. I still dont think you looked but your welcome anyway;)

I don't think you understand it still doesn't exist. Not saying you are wrong, just that its not there. Looking at the directory structure right now......

This portion does not exist:

players\profiles\NAME\save

Sorry. Can't explain it. Make mistakes on a frequent basis but this ain't one of them. :)

I don't think you understand it still doesn't exist. Not saying you are wrong, just that its not there. Looking at the directory structure right now......

Sorry. Can't explain it. Make mistakes on a frequent basis but this ain't one of them. :)

Does players\profiles\ exist?

Oh, I thought you had it.

Thats odd, I'm on vista business x64. It should be there unless you didn't make a profile, which I think you have to do when you play the game.

Just search with windows the whole COD4 folder for profiles or save.

x:\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

(x meaning what ever you harddrive's letter is)

it should be in the directory above, if its not there its because either you haven't played the game or deleted your save game, or you are using the STEAM version like the guy ask above (it might of change where the saves save).

Back