COD4: Pulling hair out

Netrat33

Supreme [H]ardness
ARGH!! OK need help for peeps who played this on Veteran. On the stage Weathering the Storm, I'm going nuts trying to do this. It's the mission where you were stuck in a barn and have 3 minutes to get to the LZ and you first get airstikes. I'm so tired of dying! I just don't know what is a good path or strategy here. Tried rushing it, bad idea. Tried slow and steady, freaking time runs out of course!

I cut to the field on the right and called in a crapload of airstrikes ahead of me and just kept running and gunning

There is like a ditch on the far left at the beginning that you can prone in and get decent cover, then crawl through a little tunnel underneath their main line of defense.

Yea go to the right side first...then make it back into the crashed helicopter (from the previous level) and use its machine gun and wait and i do mean wait bc when u thinks its over its not. Then rush it and jump over the small fence...make sure u go to the left side or else you'll see a group of enemies that you really dont need to waste time on. Hope this helps. Took me forever as well.

There are a several scenarios where you'll keep getting the shit killed out of you. The combat style required is to keep killing and moving because you can't can't clear such areas, the enemies keep spawning. That's what I love about this game, you gotta run and gun, but carefully.

I was having a hard time with it and then I just said screw it and ran all the way down throwing grenades and picking off guys that got infront of me. Made it all the way down after maybe 3 or 4 tries and it was pretty fun.

thats what i hate about this game, I looooove games when you can either kill everyone in the level, or absolutly noone...i know this isnt that style of game..but still

ie hitman/splintercell

I know what you mean, I didn't like it at first either but it felt refreshing to not be able to clear an area and then stroll through. It's much more visceral this way.

I had a hard time with this part of the game too, it's the only part that I actually gave up late at night to continue to the next day.

The first thing I'd recommend is you really don't need to care about the welfare of your crew. I noticed they take massive amounts of damage, and your airstrikes don't hurt them. It sounds bad, but you should only be worried about yourself! And for airstrikes - they are key. You have to be able to signal them far off in the distance, or get to know when the troops charge (you reaching certain points on the map triggers them).

The major air strike points from the farm to the bottom of the hill are:
- The first small field you see right in front of the farm (You might need to air strike this twice as there are multiple waves)
- Make sure to keep an eye on the right cabin, and soldiers trickle in here and your troops are slow to react to them. If you DO decide to cut to the right field, A stream of enemy soldiers will cut around the right edge of the field toward you. You can use an airstrike, but they are quite predictable so you can gun them down.
- After cutting through the right field, you will pass a cabin you can go inside. (There's nothing inside worth checking out). 2-3 soldiers will run up the hill to intercept you. After you gun them, signal an air strike at the car in the middle, where there will be 6+ soldiers barricaded and holding off your guys.
- Down the hill is the hardest part, I chose to cut left. You need to be able to predict the troop movements and at one point - just run to the chopper without taking everyone out. I tried both going right after going down the hill, but no luck. There are way too many troops around even with air strikes. I ended up moving into the 2 level cabin, going down and exiting left, keeping alert with air strikes and running to the chopper.

Also, remember to use flash grenades when you are desperate and surrounded- in Call of Duty they almost seem overpowered and can save you in dire situations. Those grenades saved me probably 100 times on the sniper level (great level).

I've only done it once, for all I know it was just luck :p I'm sure there's other ways to do it, but I was just glad to get past it at that point.

Thanks for the "Go right" advice heh. Stage was tough! What really annoyed me though however was that checkmarks weren't showing up for the longest time. Then suddenly one showed up about a 1/3 ways and that slowly started making things easier. I couldn't keep going left because I just kept getting slaughtered. So when I got next to the helicopter, instead of continuing that path I went threw the burnt house and things seemed to be a little easier sneaking around that way. It's the checkmarks not registering for a while that was driving me insane. I guess I had to be at a certain spot at a certain time to turn it on.

Stupid achievements! wouldn't put myself threw this if it wasn't for being the only way to get points/credit. :D

Thanks for the "Go right" advice heh. Stage was tough! What really annoyed me though however was that checkmarks weren't showing up for the longest time. Then suddenly one showed up about a 1/3 ways and that slowly started making things easier. I couldn't keep going left because I just kept getting slaughtered. So when I got next to the helicopter, instead of continuing that path I went threw the burnt house and things seemed to be a little easier sneaking around that way. It's the checkmarks not registering for a while that was driving me insane. I guess I had to be at a certain spot at a certain time to turn it on.

Stupid achievements! wouldn't put myself threw this if it wasn't for being the only way to get points/credit. :D

You are right... checkpoints are tied to the timer. You have to get to point a with x minutes on the clock to get them to activate.

Enjoy "No fighting in the War Room"

You have my condolences

You are right... checkpoints are tied to the timer. You have to get to point a with x minutes on the clock to get them to activate.

Enjoy "No fighting in the War Room"

You have my condolences

heh. I have a friend who is stuck there actually. Said the same thing *sigh* Can't wait *sarcasm*

This part, the war room, and that damn ferris wheel give me bad flashbacks late at night...

Just beat the game :D Woohoo. I think that stage was the hardest stage. No fighting was hard but I felt at least there was more cover. And then enemy was in tunnels so it was more focused. Awesome game!

I left the farm on the left side- following the ditch. Just run and gun and head straight for the shed that's on the other side of the drainage pipe- it'll be straight ahead of you. Hop in there to take a quick breather and reload, and possible pick off a few enemies.

When you're ready to exit the shed, hop over the fence, cross the road and hug the left side wall of the house right infront of you- this is where you call in your sirstrike- call it in about 10 yards beind you- toward the farm- this will cover your exit, and by the time air support gets there you'll be far enough away.

From there it's all downhill- you'll see an area of brown dirt hills- stay between them. They provide cover on all sides, especially since they're a little winding. The biggest danger here is from a house on your left- shoot at the enemies but stay away from them if you can.

Next is the treeline that seperates you from the LZ- just sprint down to the gas station, and as soon as you can run into the open door on the left side of the building. Take a quick breather and assess teh situation- kill any enemies that are an immediate threat.

Then sprint straight for the lake- just get downr ight next to the water and crouch- the hill will cover you, and since the enemy is on an elevated, but downsloping position, you'll be able to see (and shoot) them from relative safety.

After that just wait for the chopper and hitch a ride when it arrives!

Back