COD4 NA Only Servers?

Nightrainsrt4

Limp Gawd
I don't mean to come across rude, so if it does I apologize.

Are there any COD4 servers that only allow US/NA IP addresses? My brother wanted me to start playing this game with him, but I can't enjoy a single game when people connect from Europe and jitter/lag all over the screen.

I go from doing really well when everyone is nearby to losing like hell when they connect and have 200+ ping and just warp all over the screen and none of my shots register even if I put them in their face, leading, trailing, doesn't matter.

Do any servers only take NA ip's? Or if I want to play a game then I have to deal with them deliberately connecting to a server they can see their ping is through the roof and just own everyone because no one can hit them?

Edit: Or at least filter pings?

Last edited:
I understand your frustration and you´ll be hard pressed to find a server that filters by IP, but there should be servers with so called "ping kickers" in effect, that basically kick everyone with a ping above "x" (most of the time more than 100 or so).

However, i might add, the people with the high ping have the same difficulty shooting you as you do shooting them, so it´s really not an unfair advantage either way.

Off topic but...

Sigh....if only COD 4 allowed for multiple attachments I would probably still be playing it.

Just never understood why they left out being able to have a silencer and a red-dot.

I know it is bad for others as well. If it is so bad for them I don't understand why they'd willingly choose a server with 200-500 ping.

But I am extra sensitive to small jitters. Throws me off completely. I can't compensate for it as it hurts my head and eyes.

Looks like I'll have to find a ping kick server.

Back