CoD4 freezing on me =( Need help

Bamboo

Gawd
All my other games seem to work fine. Every once in a while cod will freeze on me. To unfreeze it I have to ctl-alt-del then hit cancel. that unfreezes it and Im back where I left off. I'm trying to isolate the problem. It's done it with two cards now so I'm kinda shitting. I hope it's not my chipset(780i<---hot mother facker). CPU is overclocked and temps are good there. System never BSODs. It's been doing this a couple weeks now. System ran flawless for a year plus.

I'm looking for a good free "looping" graffics test that heat my rig up.. Any ideas.

Thanks.

If that doesnt find nothin then I guess its a cod reinstall:D. If that fails then I'm prolly fucked:(.

Thanks guys

q6600(2.4 at 3.0)
4 gigs 1066(corsair)
xfx 780i
evga 260-216 (or) xfx 8800gt
antec 1000 psu
vista 64

I would say reinstall COD first--that's the most obvious place to start. If nothing else is freezing up, my first thought would be the game, not the system. If that fails...

3dMark will work well enough. The trial won't loop, but it's intensive enough that if you're having a heat issue, it should lock up.

If you haven't done it, clean your system....blow out your video card, etc.

Have you looked at your event viewer to see what it has to say? If you send me a copy of the application and system event logs, I can go through them for you and see if I can detect issues with the OS or drivers.

Thanks for your advise.. Blew out case ran 3dmark no probs. Game still crashed. Reinstalled game...worked all night...Bah!

When I uninstalled cod4 is showed the a graffic for civ4 wth? lol I'm guessing registry issues.

Thanks again:D

Back