COD4 Demo Tomorrow

I don't think its uses the UE3 engine i think they use their own proprietary engine.

Its probably a super moded quake 3 engine with a new rendering mode and all that just not named quake 3 anymore. Call of duty 2 used the quake 3 engine but not the actually rendering engine itself since they modified past recognition :). It might just be something they made from the ground up but not totally sure. Hopefully the sprint and satchel charges and stuff like that is in it. :)

I hope you all love it like I loved the beta on 360. I think this game is pure action crack, and I can't wait for it to street.

The engine question, I don't know.

It's very similar looking to the other COD games on console, definitely upgraded from 2, but I don't know by how much. Luckily it's so much fun that I could honestly care less that the trees are kinda blocky. I'm sure the PC version will of course look better, but even if it doesn't you seriously won't care once you start playing it.

i can noooooooooootttttttttttttttt waittttttttttttttt!!!!!!!
QFT. One of the first titles that I have been excited for. I am not much for crysis so this is a godsend for those of us who have other games to look forward to.

BF3 is looking good too. Lets just hope that EA pulls their head out of their ass and makes widescreen an option.

Mac[X-D];1031522786 said:
OMFG i can't wait

i want to call in sick tomorrow :)

Was going to but too much crap going on to be irresponsible. Reminds of a song from Buck o Nine:

im calling in sick
im calling in sick
this is mike and im calling in sick
my leg got hurt got hit by a brick

Was going to but too much crap going on to be irresponsible. Reminds of a song from Buck o Nine:

im calling in sick
im calling in sick
my leg got hurt got hit by a brick

just being sarcastic i would never put any game or gaming in front of work

took my post a little to serious

Mac[X-D];1031523039 said:
just being sarcastic i would never put any game or gaming in front of work

took my post a little to serious

I know. Just having some fun. :)

i hope this game doesnt require a certain video card, like that Airborn bullshit did

i hope this game doesnt require a certain video card, like that Airborn bullshit did

Recommended Specs
CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended
RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

Minimum Specs
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card (generic): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better

Looks like it does support sm2.0 so your in luck :) You can tell it was made with a console in mind though also since the ram requirements seem abit low compared to todays pc standards. Unreal 3 recommends 1GB and now this one to. I remember battlfield 2 and a few more titles recommended more than that. Looks really good though thats for sure :)

this is cool, perseus mandate, and cod4 in the same week. I need a new game, since it took me all of 8hrs to beat episode 2 and portal

Thanks for the link, I'll be watching that.

I bookmarked it so I can go home at lunch and dl it :). Hopefully the the server won't get overloaded from all the people downloading. We need to post mirror links in case this happens.
Other than Yahoo, worthdownloading.com and majorgeeks(FL location) has great dl speeds. All of my demos are clocking around 1.1 -1.5mps from those sites.

Awesome, another demo for me to try out after work! :cool: Perseus Mandate yesterday, COD4 today....sweetness.

I'm getting a download link that is available...but it leads to a 404 page.

Anyone else?

Back