COD3 trailers----still miffed no PC!!!!!!

Tetrahedron said:
same thing with the GTA series... started on the PC, pretty much got alot of fame from the PC and then Rockstar jumped ship on PC Gamers and went to consoles, leaving us PC gamers with some poor ass excuse for a port 6-9 months later after the game has already been out on the console.

the problem with that statement is that GTA was crap on the pc, whereas on the console it found greatness

Hyperblau said:
the problem with that statement is that GTA was crap on the pc, whereas on the console it found greatness

The original GTA and GTA2 was really much better on pc. Don't forget GTA's expansion, London 1969 ;)

But then again GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas suites much better on a console, and the controls are better with a gaming pad, imo. :eek:

Kevin Lowe said:
Listen to yourself. Console gamers deserve a backlash for enjoying a game that's fun on a console. What makes PC gamers less deserving of backlash? Plenty of PC games that would be fun on a console don't get ported - that's life, and hopefully it'll change.

No, console GAMERS don't deserve any backlash, the publisher deserves the flak. Most fans of this series are fans on PC. While CoD2 did sell over 1mill copies on the 360, the series has sold far more on PC. By making a shittier developer (treyarch) make a console-only version, they are going to get some backlash, and deservedly so. Even if it does eventually get a PC port, 6-12months from now, it will be a console-ized port.

vortexpud said:
No, console GAMERS don't deserve any backlash, the publisher deserves the flak. Most fans of this series are fans on PC. While CoD2 did sell over 1mill copies on the 360, the series has sold far more on PC. By making a shittier developer (treyarch) make a console-only version, they are going to get some backlash, and deservedly so. Even if it does eventually get a PC port, 6-12months from now, it will be a console-ized port.
Fair enough, it's a misunderstanding then.

vortexpud said:
.... Even if it does eventually get a PC port, 6-12months from now, it will be a console-ized port.
was my point before someone added a no value comment. no where does it say it won't EVER make it to pc. they clearly forget who made cod cod

G'ßöö said:
was my point before someone added a no value comment. no where does it say it won't EVER make it to pc. they clearly forget who made cod cod

Yep, I have a feeling it will eventually be on PC, but people probably won't care by then.

#1 pioneered in its day as does #2. 2 has an immersive sound quality far more fps's need IMO. on the hardest skill its a bitch. huge thumbs up! cannot wait for #3.

meh, if it doesn't make it on the PC then I'm not gonna play it, and besides, as many stated, way too many WWII games already out there as it is, another Wolfenstein on the other hand would be awesome.

I Think a WW1 FPS would be a hoot.. Imagine 72 Hours laying still in a trench hoping for somone's head to pop over the line..

Or a Civil War FPS with a 20-30 Second Re-Load between Shots..

TheBluePill said:
Or a Civil War FPS with a 20-30 Second Re-Load between Shots..

Imagine the dialogue?

Damn Yanks ain't gonna annex our land. Caleb, Jethro, Jebediah, Elias git yer muskets n' gun powder, we gotsta defend the land our grampappies built. Long live the Confederacy!!!

:D

Personally I think a Revolutionary War game would be kind of cool. I wouldn't go for 100% realism cause it would get pretty boring to reload the muskets. But throw some swords and cannons in there, would be kinda cool...

EDIT: Also, if they're running outta ideas, maybe they should just make a World War III game. Kind of a morbid thought, but whatever.

Anubis2005X said:
EDIT: Also, if they're running outta ideas, maybe they should just make a World War III game. Kind of a morbid thought, but whatever.

They did, its called BF2142 and it looks like ass :rolleyes:

Well I am actually happy. When COD2 came out, half the people who played COD online jumped to COD2 and it split the community. Now it won't happen again.

Ok this looks gay as fuck. I could not even finish CoD 2 and this looks like more of the same. Plus its not going to be on Pc, what the fuck were the develpers thinking?

Sweet another WWII shooter. LAME

J-M-E said:
Ok this looks gay as fuck. I could not even finish CoD 2 and this looks like more of the same. Plus its not going to be on Pc, what the fuck were the develpers thinking?

Sweet another WWII shooter. LAME

It's simple, these developers are thinking. They know where the big money is at, and it's not on PC's anymore. If they only have a certain amount of resources to dedicate to a project, they are going to put those resources where they have the most potential to make money. Personally, I think they would be better off making a PC version and ditching the PS3 version, especially with the complexity of coding for the cell, along with limited availability of the console. With Infinity Ward not handling COD3, I have a bad feeling about this.......

tacticus said:
nah cant do that the US lost that one :)

Whoa, huh, what? Technically, the Korean war is still going on - it's a ceasefire - and we most definitely were on the winning side. We drove the north back to it's side of the border.

I hope you are thinking of the Vietnam "war".

I completely enjoyed COD2 - still have it and plan on revisiting it again soon. I do agree that the whole WWII thing has gotten old though.

jackbauer said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705212p1.html

This really pisses me off that there is not going to be a version for PC... but still looks sweet.... would look better if they were on a PC...

yeah it sucks balls,, started a pc game. stayed a pc game, then sold well on xbox360, and now a ps3 launch title. funny isnt it? hopefully someone at the company will grow some balls and release for the pc. MS says if you make it for 360 , its not much harder to swap back to pc and vice versa. but since the game has a release date. i doubt were gonna see a pc launch unless its way late. Like 2 years late with HALO 2

rob2000 said:
yeah it sucks balls,, started a pc game. stayed a pc game, then sold well on xbox360, and now a ps3 launch title. funny isnt it? hopefully someone at the company will grow some balls and release for the pc. MS says if you make it for 360 , its not much harder to swap back to pc and vice versa. but since the game has a release date. i doubt were gonna see a pc launch unless its way late. Like 2 years late with HALO 2

No thanks to a shooter ported from a console. Hell, look what going from PPE (360) to x86 did for Oblivion's stability and engine efficiency.

I must admit that I will be a bit disappointed if they don't release it on PC, although I usually hate anything that's related to WWII ... COD2 is the only exception. the graphics and atmosphere impressed me big time

tosp said:
No thanks to a shooter ported from a console. Hell, look what going from PPE (360) to x86 did for Oblivion's stability and engine efficiency.

i dunno i bought oblivion for pc and like it. ive not noticed any problems yet. and there is a multiplayer mod being made for it. so i decided to purchase the pc version.

i think there is a bit of a difference from the traditional console to pc port. almost all of those failed miserably. And if they dont release this COD3 on the pc i wont cry, but i hope they dont abandon the pc altogether. COD 2 on the pc is far superior than the xbox360 version. for controls alone. but it sure runs pretty smooth on the xbox.

Back