COD2 problems with X1950XT 256

Mr. D.

Weaksauce
I have a different issue with COD2. Even since I installed my new X1950XT 256MB i get framerates between 1-5 fps. When I set everything to their default values i get like 20fps max. What the hell is going on? My X800XT was able to get in the low 20-30 fps with everything turned on!

The card runs farcry and 3dmark just fine. I also have a Core2Duo 6300 so that isnt holding me back either. When I installed my new card I uninstalled the 6.11 drivers and installed the 6.12. I also have COD2 v1.3. Is this game incompatible with this card or something?

make sure the card is in 3d mode check with ati tray tools, its in 2d mode if your clocks are at like 500

The current clock is 500MHz. But am now on the desktop. Can't check the speed when I am in the game.

Even if the x1950XT was running in 2D mode, it would still vastly outclass his old x800XT. Sounds to me like you need to do a major driver cleaning and reinstall. There may be some saved graphics settings in CoD2 that still think you're running an x800XT.

I always reformatted whenever I bought a new graphics card.

I don't want te reinstall. Windows. I did that less than a month ago and I am tired of reinstalling all my applications.

I can try to completely remove and reinstal COD2. Last time I left my saved games and profile on my PC when I removed COD2. I can also try to remove the catalyst drivers using a regcleaner of some kind. Last time I reinstalled the drivers I removed the old ones using the ATI software removal item from the controlpanel.

I set the rendering method to DirectX 7 and now I'm getting 70-90 fps@1280x1024 with all options to maximum. I'd rather use DirectX9 but since this is the only way to run the game..

Back