CoD: WaW - Can't Create Online Profile

fromeo85

So, I bought a key from Direct Game Keys.

I installed the game, patched it, I can play single player, without a problem. But when I go into MP, I have to create an online profile. Everytime I try to create one it just keeps looping me to create it. I have tried different names to no avail. I know a lot of ppl are having this issue and I am wondering if there is a fix or if I have to get a new key.

It's your exe file I think, I have had same issue, then restored the EXE from the disk and worked fine.

Doesn't work still. Latest patch, drivers, and all. Tried deleting profiles in the players folder and all that and still no go. Still looping when trying to create a profile it just never wants to save it and then it always says it couldn't create the profile. Its hopeless

same problem here

XP sp3,tryed re-installing the game/pb/graphics drivers and turned off firewall,updated dirext X..

the demo played without a problem.nothing to do with the CD KEY,there is ppl with originals and ppl with hacked having this problem...i will keep my eyes open for a selution.

So, I bought a key from Direct Game Keys.

I installed the game, patched it, I can play single player, without a problem. But when I go into MP, I have to create an online profile. Everytime I try to create one it just keeps looping me to create it. I have tried different names to no avail. I know a lot of ppl are having this issue and I am wondering if there is a fix or if I have to get a new key.

HOLY JEEBUS, DO I SEE LIFETIME FOR WOW? That's a pretty cheap price imo for lifetime!

Are these legit? As in not in use? Anybody else ever get anything from them?

EDIT: after some googling, site looks like a scam / fraud.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried everything offered so far:
-verify game cache.
-delete client registry blob
-Uninstall and re-install

Nothing has worked.

I cannot create an online profile. When I add my name, it just says that i need to create an online profile first and asks if I would like to. I click yes and the whole process starts again. Any suggestions?
Do i need to create a profile from a web site first?
Any help would be great, thanks.

If u use anything but the key from the original dvd then it is cracked and will not allow create profile to go thru. You can play on cracked servers tho.

First of all i should have added that i am using vista 64bit. I did get it work after all and I will tell you all what I did after an hour of trying different advice to no avail.
I went into explorer and navigated to my steam folder and in the end found the executables in the common folder. I ran those executables as the administrator (MP and SP). Both crashed the game back to desktop. When I tried to start the game again by the shortcut in steam, it worked! and i could create a user profile;not my usual a message said it was already being used.
today, i launched the game to find 2 user profiles in place; my original and the one I created last night. ???? How did my original name get there? I think that the problem may have been retaliated to steam getting all my files completely updated. ( i did very game cache too)
Well it works now and I will keep you all informed if any other issues arise.

Lol who the cfku is deleted my post:0

anyways... I wrote about my probs to get online accusing Win7 and what else to be reason for it. But whole the time it was wrong cd key. I had no idea that keys found from net, YouTube, hacksites dont just work when they are already in use. Finally I found my original cd key what I lost when I moved to another town. I installed cod again now using the original cd key and every problems were gone. I think it's useless to try to get your key from its beholder via email or other ways. I think I have read smthng like... Do not lose your cd key because.... :)

If u have legit cd key try this. Go into SP, and enter ur CD key. Some players have solved online probs that way.

Back