COD W@W 1.4 patch is out

Details:

Call of Duty: World at War PC Patch 1.4
Submitted: April 09th, 2009

Notes:

•3 new Multiplayer maps: Kneedeep, Nightfire, Station!
•Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: Verrückt!
•Improved spawning logic.
•Auto balancing improvements. Players are no longer auto balanced while completing objectives.
•Mods: IWD's can be placed in the usermaps folder.
•Mods: Hold Breath / Sprint functions as intended.
•Mods: MissingAssets.csv is generated when maps are run with developer set to 1.
•Fixed lag caused by shooting at tanks.
•All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds.
•Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
•Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
•Martyrdom no longer causes direct impact deaths in Hardcore modes.
•"Bayonet jumping" has been disabled.

Will have to try out the spawns tonight to see how fixed they are.

I loved spawning and shooting in the direction everyone was shooting until I realized all the names around me were red. It did keep things interesting non the less.

lol..that was funny. Some people are posting over at the CODW@W forums that the spawning is fixed. I won't believe it until I try it myself. They are also giving mad props for the maps. They are not small as some people feared. One thing though the foliage on the map Knee Deep is dropping fps for people.

Is this patch free for PC users? I paid $10 for the xbox download and just got a new computer. Just wondering.

The consoles folks are posting on the PC section of the COD forums and they are pissed. Needless to say the PC guys are giving them hell back. It's actually kind of funny. One guy is calling PC gamers n00bs and not "real gamers" and crap. lol

The consoles folks are posting on the PC section of the COD forums and they are pissed. Needless to say the PC guys are giving them hell back. It's actually kind of funny. One guy is calling PC gamers n00bs and not "real gamers" and crap. lol

Serves them right for buying the game on an inferior machine. :p

Joking, of course.

The new maps are VERY VERY well done, the only thing i dont like is the i7 ad, but i can work with that for free maps :)

The new maps are VERY VERY well done, the only thing i dont like is the i7 ad, but i can work with that for free maps :)

How do you think it makes me feel when I see that? (I have a single core AMD 64 3800+) Actually, I don't care about the ad because the game runs well already :)

Gabriel(sig) said:
XP Pro w/sp3 (fuck Vista)
right on dude. I've been avoiding Vista like the plague but i'm trying out 7.
have you run into any issues running CoD on your XP rig?
any nVidia or Audigy issues?

Haha! Yeah I'm not pissed or anything. I used to get together with 10+ guys every weekend and LAN Counterstrike and the like (8+ years ago). Now I'm out of college and the only games I play are on 360 mostly, for the social interaction with the friends I moved away from. I do play WoW though, and eagerly anticipate Starcraft and Diablo.

I'm glad I took advantage of Steam's 50 percent off deal this past weekend for this game. It kicks ass. I was someone who was concerned about Treyarch handling this game because COD 3 was kind of...meh. My concerns were quickly wiped out. This is an awesome game. I recommend it easily to any and all COD fans. Love it! :)

Same here

I just got it with the steam deal

so far def worth it, seems great

Back