COD news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable! It amazes me how much we give in to these "people" that are just whining babies!

I'm offended by the fact that people are so easily offended.

p.s. religion is for tards

/troll face

I'm gonna play the devils advocate here.

The message was in Arabic which means it was specifically for Arabic Muslims. They made a shout out to AM's, fucked it up, and now are fixing it.

Your other option here is IW was being shockingly anti-semitic towards it's AM's players. This is no different than if they drew a picture of Christ's butt on the Bathroom glory hole.

You pick. Either way it's not cool and consumers have the right to an opinion.

Your point is completely irrelevant. The constant tiptoing around muslim issues due to fear of repercussions speaks volumes about the peacefulness of that religion. This is pathetic in many respects, not the least of which is the similarity to Britain's stance towards Hitler in the prelude to WWII.

Meh, as an atheist I have to admit it seems like a douche move, fear of violence notwithstanding it's not good form to insult your customers, of which I'm sure a decent amount are Muslim.

(side note, you can't be anti-semitic to a Muslim ;) )

Wait, this game is over 2 years old(3 now I believe). Why is it that they suddenly find it now?

Also, if you take offense to something like this it just shows how retarded you are. You can believe in Religion, but if you take it this seriously you need to get that checked out. Reminds me of the movie Seven every time I hear something like this.

"Strict Islamic rules forbid displaying -- or even saying -- Allah's name near a toilet"

Question.... Does the koran actually say how close you can be to a toilet before uttering th word "allah?" And does the Koran say, "You shall not post the lord's name near a fake toilet in a imaginary videogame?"

Bonus question, does this mean Activision is full of hippy liberal sympathesizers? The message itself is beautiful, but no... they chose to rage that there was a IMAGINARY picture in a FICTIONAL digital world, near a non-existant toilet. Its like trying to explain to these people that The Matrix isn't real. Lol

Just watch... you give these people a inch they'll take a million miles with their bullshit religious nonsense.

I don't get these people at all....

Are they really that easy to get offend?

Your point is completely irrelevant. The constant tiptoing around muslim issues due to fear of repercussions speaks volumes about the peacefulness of that religion. This is pathetic in many respects, not the least of which is the similarity to Britain's stance towards Hitler in the prelude to WWII.

That logic doesn't work because Developers have been tiptoeing around Christians since time began its just easier to tiptoe around christians because they make their complaints blatantly clear to everyone about every little thing every 10 minutes.

IW can immediately go "whoops we know who thats gonna piss off" and take it out before christians can throw a fit.

Obviously with Arabs it's gonna be a bit more difficult to know what is and isn't offensive.

I repeat again, IW was trying to be Arab inclusive and messed up. No ones complaining that Captain Hawk ate pork on a sunday or however that goes. This was super specific to Arabic speaking Muslim players.

If you're atheistic and 90% of COD yammered on and on about how great and important Christ is and they added Quicktime events where you go to church and listen to sermons youd be like "Fuck Cod this is crap".

If you're Christian and Cod had Christ Kissing dudes on all the billboards youd be like "Fuck COD this is crap".

A bunch of Arabic speaking Muslims got on twitter and said "Hey man not cool. Fuck COD this is crap."

Wooooooah Muslims complained about something let's attack'm!

Last edited:
That logic doesn't work because Developers have been tiptoeing around Christians since time began its just easier to tiptoe around christians because they make their complaints blatantly clear to everyone about every little thing every 10 minutes.

IW can immediately go "whoops we know who thats gonna piss off" and take it out before christians can throw a fit.

Obviously with Arabs it's gonna be a bit more difficult to know what is and isn't offensive.

I repeat again, IW was trying to be Arab inclusive and messed up. No ones complaining that Captain Hawk ate pork on a sunday or however that goes. This was super specific to Arabic speaking Muslim players.

If you're atheistic and 90% of COD yammered on and on about how great and important Christ is and they added Quicktime events where you go to church and listen to sermons youd be like "Fuck Cod this is crap".

If you're Christian and Cod had Christ Kissing dudes on all the billboards youd be like "Fuck COD this is crap".

A bunch of Arabic speaking Muslims got on twitter and said "Hey man not cool. Fuck COD this is crap."

Wooooooah Muslims complained about something let's attack'm!

Last time I checked you don't usually have to worry about Christians blowing themselves/others up or hurting/killing others though.

Last time I checked you don't usually have to worry about Christians blowing themselves/others up or hurting/killing others though.

No one did that in this case. Your point is completely irrelevant.

No one did that in this case. Your point is completely irrelevant.

Not in this case, but let's cut the PC crap. Muslims DO end up doing that kind of stuff for the most trivial of reasons. The fact that I (and I'm sure many others) wouldn't at all but surprised if someone did is quite a testament of all that.

Make fun of Jesus: Some groups may complain, but that's really all you have to worry about.

Make fun of Allah/Muhammad/The Koran: Better watch out for the threats of death or getting hurt.

You may need to brush up on your google-fu.

Yeah, because the dark ages have anything remotely to do with contemporary events. Beheadings, riots, etc. Christianity has sure inspired a lot of those in the past century :rolleyes:.

Don't forget honor killings. They come over for a "better life" yet bring their archaic ways with them and get all upset when their kids dare to have western values.

At least Christians managed to grow out of their diapers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back