COD MW3 or BF3

Which FPS game is the best?

• Total voters
There's other games that are better which provide a fresher experience and aren't annual rehashes of the same thing I've already paid for and played in 2007.

Sorry man, not everyone's gonna buy into the hype machine and maintain a general lack of standards as far as getting quality for your gaming dollar.

Every Call of Duty since MW1 has been less than mediocre.
Are you assuming that I bought MW3 because of hype? Is there another similar FPS that has raised the standards above CoD that I'm not aware of?

Last edited:
This poll sucks because the answer is both.

agreed.

if you like BF3 great, if MW3 is your thing that works too...as long as the person behind the keyboard enjoys the game that's all that matters

Both games.. Depends on what im in the mood for.

Killing whiny 12 year olds over and over in fast paced gun play

or

Killing mute 12 year olds in drawn out gun play, with added enjoyments of vehicles..

Just depends on the day, and mood..

Call of Duty died after the original Modern Warfare. Battlefield is where its at.

Ive played just about all games on both sides. I prefer bf3 for the manned vehicles, amazing maps and realistic warfare. Need to play moar mw3 to be convinced otherwise.

agreed.

if you like BF3 great, if MW3 is your thing that works too...as long as the person behind the keyboard enjoys the game that's all that matters

disagree because BF3 has game modes and maps that are straight COD style gameplay. To think that COD has things that BF3 doesnt is ludacris IMO.

most things in COD "gameplay wise" are in BF3 so i fail to see your point

I might get BF3 once Back to Karkand gets released if 24/7 Karkand I/O servers become big again like they were in BF2.

Just doesn't make sense in my case to sell out $60 right now (plus whatever the Karkand DLC will cost) if I only enjoy a very limited subset of BF3's gameplay. I don't think DICE is doing enough to cater to players that prefer a more "boots on the ground" gameplay style. At least that was my feeling when I moved to BFBC2 from BF2.

you can do infantry only games in BF3 ya know.

Are you assuming that I bought MW3 because of hype? Is there another similar FPS that has raised the standards above CoD that I'm not aware of?

Crysis 2 wasn't bad, particularly if you got into games that had the suit powers disabled (namely the cloak). It had FFA as well :cool:. Not sure how active it is now though.

Battlefield 3 because it caters more to my preferred play style, I think the MW series are too twitchy for my liking. Not that I'll not play it, eventually I will but BF3, Skyrim and SWTOR will keep me entertained for long enough for it to drop in price :D

BF3 for me. I gave up on the COD series after the spit in the face known as the IWin Network in MW2. The game in its subsequent incarnations may be fun, but that P2P farce was shoved down our throats years ago has turned me off of anything with "Call of Duty" in the title.

Yeah, they have given us some sort of dedicated server now, but I've moved on.

BF3 is to MW3 as caviar is to Kraft cheese.
Well, I only like EGGS from chickens and CHEEZE ROX!
Got BF3, Played thru single player in one gaming session. Very enjoyable for the most part , but in my opinion, it felt a bit too scripted. Seems if you didn't play thru a certain "episode" EXACTLY the way the developer intended, you died. Example: Say the developer wanted a specific scene done using stealth...if you so much as fired a single shot..deal breaker...dead. I have yet to actually play MW3, but in the other COD games, if I remember correctly, I never got that same feeling of being "directed" thru a campaign. You had a bit more latitude as how you got thru it. I'm probably gonna get MW3 in a couple days. I'm looking forward to the single player campaign and I will put in some time on multi. I rarely play Multi in the BF series...just don't like it. (BTW...don't like vehicles and prob the biggest issue in any FPS multi for me... leveling and unlocking items. I guess I'm still a bit old school. In Multi, should be an even playing field. Everyone starts the same...same armor, same guns...same loadouts. (this meaning ability to be able to pick anything I want and NOT have to get 1000 kills with "X" weapon before I can unlock "Y" weapon and use it) Some of us have lives and can't put in 200 hours to unlock everything and lvl up. Its NOT a RPG for God's Sake. (they are turning them INTO it) Like a few stated. A lot of times, .I wanna jump in for a quick frag fest.....crush some noobs and get on with my life. For multiplayer, just give me Counter Strike 1.6 gameplay with all the graphics, eye-candy and maps/game modes and I'd be hooked for a LONG time.

Well I always liked both and I was 15th prestiged in blackops, but man I bought MW3 and the single player was decent but god the multiplayer is a carbon copy of MW2, same music, same hud layout, hell they used the same font's I think. The maps are cramped shit. Treyarch did an awesome job with the maps in blackop's where it seemed like you were fighting in an area that served a purpose for something, like the map with the blackbird, zoo, etc.

90% of MW3 maps are small indoor/outdoor area's with no landmarks, no personality, and are just bland.

Definately going back to BF3.

Last edited:
Well I have BF3 DVD, I was enjoyed play BF3 and worth every penny, anyway I owned COD4 GOTY, MOH AIRBORNE and MOH cost me less 6 bucks or so, I haven't play MOH much, never play on MW2, Black Ops and now this MW3.

I might pick up either Ops, MW2 or MW3 cost less 10 bucks or so on Steam sale whatever.

I ain't pay full price $60 bucks pfttt.

Last edited:
Multiplayer - Battlefield 3
Single Player - Modern Warfare 3

I am going to play Modern Warfare 3 again in single player with "native" settings. It looked like complete garbage with the incorrect highest settings I originally had. I only played a few hours of Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer while I got all the way to colonel in battlefield 3. So I am slightly biased ;)

i will start out with this, i am not a fanboy i like what i like, and i say what i got to say, and i do my research.

I like BF3, its fun to me, you can drive tank's, jet's, heli's, (boat's some maps), you get some cool stuff for the vehicle's. you get small/big/huge maps, the graphic's are awesome to me, they are using full dx10/dx11 engine Frostbite 2.

MW3, Same Engine used from 2009, Gameplay is the same, they really have not done much but changed a few things here and there, but the Name sell's it self.

Buttom Line

infinity ward Made Cod and it died with them, I will not and wont buy cod until they update the game engine and other changes to the game,

I paid for BF3 MP and I didn't pay for MW3 SP...I got the best of what each offers at the right price.

Hard for me to choose.

Modern Warfare 3 is Modern Warfare 2 with new maps. Albeit a great game, Battlefield 3 is the far superior game. It requires more skill, is based off of an entirely new engine and is thus graphically better. Battlefield 3 rewards teamplay much more, and is an overall highly rewarding experience. But you know what's interesting? For the most part, I pop in Modern Warfare 3 more frequently than Battlefield 3, simply because Modern Warfare is more of a quick, fast-paced game... caters to instant gratification more, and let's face it... that's what our society thrives off of.

For this reason, I can't vote either way, so I'm going with neither. Don't get me wrong, both are great games, but you can see where I have conflicting thoughts on both.

I still prefer bf2. The game play is just that much better.

Between those games BF3. I'm still getting adjusted.

Hard for me to choose.

Modern Warfare 3 is Modern Warfare 2 with new maps. Albeit a great game, Battlefield 3 is the far superior game. It requires more skill, is based off of an entirely new engine and is thus graphically better. Battlefield 3 rewards teamplay much more, and is an overall highly rewarding experience. But you know what's interesting? For the most part, I pop in Modern Warfare 3 more frequently than Battlefield 3, simply because Modern Warfare is more of a quick, fast-paced game... caters to instant gratification more, and let's face it... that's what our society thrives off of.

For this reason, I can't vote either way, so I'm going with neither. Don't get me wrong, both are great games, but you can see where I have conflicting thoughts on both.
The CoD games require more raw FPS skills. BF3 requires more skill in the sense that you must be able to cooperate with others in order to win...skill is such a subjective word.

I wanted to play more of MW3 before I voted. BF3 is much more fun IMO, by a long shot. I haven't finished either SP so my vote is strictly based on MP.

I haven't played BF3 yet (except for the beta), but if it's anything like BFBC2 then I would pick that.

MW multi gets old pretty fast for me, while rush and conquest are so much more fun in BF. The matches are longer and there's actually some semblance of strategy and teamwork to be seen. I also like having the bigger maps and vehicles to balance things out.

The best multiplayer experience I've ever had is probably playing assault type modes, which rush is similar to.

In fact now that I think about it, I think Quake Wars really did it the best IMO.

mw3 if i feel like using my twitch aiming, bf3 if in addition to that i feel like thinking about strategy. usually its the latter

The CoD games require more raw FPS skills. BF3 requires more skill in the sense that you must be able to cooperate with others in order to win...skill is such a subjective word.

After playing CODBLOPs free weekend I can say that CoD requires little skill. Slow movement, fast deaths, extremely close quarters combat, and laser guns don't take much to master.

Hands down BF3. Its better in all aspects(mp anyways).

The only reason Id play MW3 again over BF3 is if I have a need to fun around like morons with a bunch of tweens screaming "FUCK YA I RAPED YOUR MOM YA YA YA YA" for hours on end.

Was the first thing I noticed when I played MW3, was how completely awful the sound is vs BF3.

The sound lacks punch in general across the board. It's one of those things that BC2 made apparent and that BF3 drives home with a jackhammer.

The soundstage in the BF games is simply awesome. Sucks that I have to have the volume so low when I game at night

The soundstage in the BF games is simply awesome. Sucks that I have to have the volume so low when I game at night

time to explore the wonderful world of headphones :D. you can get a lot of bang for your buck in that world.

Back