- Joined
- Jul 11, 2001
- Messages
- 12,829
I was playing MW2 the other day and noticed it only using 2 GPUs (instead of all 4). I checked with a friend running 5970+5870 Tri-fire and he confirmed that the game was also only using 2 GPUs for him also. He also mentioned that he had dusted off CoD4 and experienced the same issue. I tried CoD4 and confirmed those results also. Neither of us was able to determine why that is the case.
Now there are games that don't scale past 2 GPUs but CoD4 and CoD:MW2 are not examples of that. CoD4 in particular was one of the very first games to work with quad crossfire ever since the 3870x2 was released. Not only that but the game has traditionally been an example of exceptional scaling, showing nearly 100% scaling all the way up to 4 GPUs. MW2 uses a modified version of the same engine CoD4 uses so it makes sense that their behavior is similar, but it doesn't make sense that they stopped working with more than 2 GPUs all of a sudden. There reviews of 38xx, 48xx, and 5xxx cards in triple and quad crossfire all over the net using both of these games and they all show good scaling.
Is anyone else running Triple or Quad crossfire and able to replicate this issue? Does anyone know why this would be the case?
My friend was running the 10.3b drivers + 4/7 app profiles when he tested and I was running 10.4a + 4/7 app profiles when I tested the game.
Now there are games that don't scale past 2 GPUs but CoD4 and CoD:MW2 are not examples of that. CoD4 in particular was one of the very first games to work with quad crossfire ever since the 3870x2 was released. Not only that but the game has traditionally been an example of exceptional scaling, showing nearly 100% scaling all the way up to 4 GPUs. MW2 uses a modified version of the same engine CoD4 uses so it makes sense that their behavior is similar, but it doesn't make sense that they stopped working with more than 2 GPUs all of a sudden. There reviews of 38xx, 48xx, and 5xxx cards in triple and quad crossfire all over the net using both of these games and they all show good scaling.
Is anyone else running Triple or Quad crossfire and able to replicate this issue? Does anyone know why this would be the case?
My friend was running the 10.3b drivers + 4/7 app profiles when he tested and I was running 10.4a + 4/7 app profiles when I tested the game.