COD: Modern Warfare 2 PC version $29.99?!

wow so much for petition and all that...you guys sold out faster than hell when you had the carrot dangled in your face :(

I wouldn't give IW the pleasure even if it was 99 cents.

Right now would be a good time for EA to release a new modern combat Battlefield. They could take advantage of all the people disappointed with MW2 and reclaim the number one spot as shooters go.

Right now would be a good time for EA to release a new modern combat Battlefield. They could take advantage of all the people disappointed with MW2 and reclaim the number one spot as shooters go.

Battlefield Bad Company in March, BF3 next Christmas, and Medal Of Honor (Modern Warfare) in fall 2010.

I'm interested in the deal. Will stop by after work to check it out!

Seeing as it is, most of those boycotting the game have actually bought it and play MW2. I am not so sure the BF game would sell any extra copies to the fallout from MW2, the fallout that lasted until the release that is.

Well i bought this the other day, still contemplating if i should open it or return it. Anyone want it?

So much for the "boycott" everyone seemed to be talking about. I got the game as well but i only paid $23 for it though amazon.

Worked at BB and Target.

I don't like what they've done to the PC version but all in all it's a decent game if you lower your expectations to console-level. IWnet is working fairly smoothly for me. Only paused for 10 seconds one time to find new host and lag doesn't affect gameplay.

It'll hold me over until Bad Company 2.

It'll hold me over until Bad Company 2.

Thats all i can say for this MW2 i have it , i got multiple copies for me and my buddies. But unless there is no DS in next one, ill just pirate it.

quick question that may help me decide to get this. I only care about single player and I know the main mission is short. is spec ops just a real live person co op or can I play that by myself?

I've played quite a bit of the spec ops part and only one of the missions has required 2 players.

My local BB honored the price i just loaded the game i guess for $30 is worth it but not the $60 they ask.

Already had payed $49 for it when it first launched. Got the ad at BB, but BB was out of mw2...or they probably took them off the shelf, lol. Bought one for my cousin at Target for the $29 price. They kept the ad, which was ok, since I didn't need it any more :p

So why did everyone boycotting? Only reason I didn't buy it at first is because of price.

because there is no dedicated servers... Today for example its freaking lagging like Mo**r Fu****er

Price, Dedicated servers, Charging PC users for patches and calling it DLC (even though some of it is in the game already.), being a**hats in general to the PC community.

Some of the Dev chats they had before the game came out people asked about the dedicated servers issues ect. The Devs would either A.) Ignore the question, B.) Respond and say it's what "we" (the pc players) wanted, C.) It will benefit us, or D.) STFU and take it we have your monnies!

ooh I don't ever play online. what pisses me off is it's tied with steam. i won't be able to resell it once I am done with it.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

ooh I don't ever play online. what pisses me off is it's tied with steam. i won't be able to resell it once I am done with it.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
even if it wasnt tied to Steam reselling most pc games is a pain in the butt.

this ad with the misprint is available for pickup at bestbuy right now? where else can i get this paper copy of the misprint?

yay thanks everyone. just nabbed the last copy available between my 2 walmarts and target. hit up bestbuy picked up 3 copies of the ad just in case. went out and grabbed myself mw2 for $30.

this ad with the misprint is available for pickup at bestbuy right now? where else can i get this paper copy of the misprint?
Places like gas stations often carry the sunday paper for the whole week. Might run you a couple bucks though.

edi: Oops nvm, looks like you got it.

Last edited:
For reselling the game used just create a new steam account so that steam account is only associated with that game. Then when you sell it give the guy the steam account name and password along with the hard copy. The guy will be able to change the password once he logs in to the account so that you no longer have access to it. Not that hard. I've done it. Steam is alright in my book, because if the hard copy gets scratched up, lost, etc. you can always just download the whole game when in steam.

For reselling the game used just create a new steam account so that steam account is only associated with that game. Then when you sell it give the guy the steam account name and password along with the hard copy. The guy will be able to change the password once he logs in to the account so that you no longer have access to it. Not that hard. I've done it. Steam is alright in my book, because if the hard copy gets scratched up, lost, etc. you can always just download the whole game when in steam.
yeah but that means multiple Steam accounts to keep up with for him and then the person he sales it too. also having someone else take your Steam account can get you locked out from any other accounts that you have and same goes for the person that buys it. of course the odds of them finding out are minuscule but shit happens sometimes.

yeah but that means multiple Steam accounts to keep up with for him and then the person he sales it too. also having someone else take your Steam account can get you locked out from any other accounts that you have and same goes for the person that buys it. of course the odds of them finding out are minuscule but shit happens sometimes.

Not too hard. Just write down the new steam account and pass on a piece of paper, put it in the game case, and forget about it.

Yah right, how on earth would they find out, lol. Is your boyfriend going to snitch on you? Ridiculous. As long as you use a different email when you create the account you'll be fine, sheesh.

Got it, they were douchy about it, but they eventually let me have it for 29.99

My total out of pocket was 6.51.

/loves gift cards

Picked up the add at BB, and then proceeded to raid Target, Meijer, and WM for 9 copies. :D

It worked for me right now home now installing it. I went to bestbuy got the ad and was gonna try to get it in there but they have a notice paoer in the pc games isle sayign theres a misprint in the ad for the game and cant honor the 29 bucks. So I went to target and the workiers are liitle smarter than lets say Wally world or kmart ahahha, anyways the guy new about the mis print.

So I went to wally world or sometimes I call it lets go clubbing which means walmart since its always packed and you always see someone you know in there its like a hang out heheh, sorry getting of subject but took the ad in there and the girls was loking at the ad probably suprised how so cheap comapred to 59.99 and looked at the date on the ad and shes said yup its good.

Got it for 29.99

Lates Thomas

9 copies? What in the world? I'm afraid to ask but why oh why?
Because I can! :D

Most of those will be gifts for relatives and friends, and I know a few people who want to buy the game and I picked it up for them on the cheap while I was at it.

Can someone post a pic of their latest add (BB), I went to the near BB this morning and they wanted $ 59.99 for it... as if!

I have a gift card for 25 bucks, otherwise, I avoid BB like the plague.

Can someone post a pic of their latest add (BB), I went to the near BB this morning and they wanted $ 59.99 for it... as if!

I have a gift card for 25 bucks, otherwise, I avoid BB like the plague.

you missed the boat on this one. it was two weeks ago add.

Back