CoD:Ghost Does the MP have "dedicated servers"?

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm just wondering if IW decided to get rid of the P2P mp debacle.

It's a mix of a master dedicated server manager and peer to peer I believe.

From what I've seen is pretty laggy and thanks to the peer to peer it will be prone to hacking like MW2 and MW3 were.

It's a mix of a master dedicated server manager and peer to peer I believe.

From what I've seen is pretty laggy and thanks to the peer to peer it will be prone to hacking like MW2 and MW3 were.
So they adopted the matchmaking in BO2 which connects you to a master server when you play the official game types?

So they adopted the matchmaking in BO2 which connects you to a master server when you play the official game types?

Far as I understand it BO2 has dedicated servers planted around in cities and match making uses these. Nobody host on their home PC in BLOPS2

Now MW2,3, and this game GHOST use people's computers to run the games and host.

It is BLack Ops 2 who has it right with controlled servers.

Anytime you have a client host a game he can see IP addresses(which is a security risk) and the client if savy enough can block which IP connects to his PC and have control over server hacks since it's his PC.

Yes... from what I understand, it does use dedicated servers. However, they're run by IW and it's partners (not by individuals AFAIK) which is a good thing in some ways... it fixes a lot of issues they're had in the past with offering dedicated servers.

Yes... from what I understand, it does use dedicated servers. However, they're run by IW and it's partners (not by individuals AFAIK) which is a good thing in some ways... it fixes a lot of issues they're had in the past with offering dedicated servers.

I don't think its dedicated because lobbies have been hacked already according to some urtube videos for what its worth.

I'm not going to argue about it because for real I don't know, just saying.

I don't think its dedicated because lobbies have been hacked already according to some urtube videos for what its worth.

I'm not going to argue about it because for real I don't know, just saying.

not sure either. I was going on info from before the launch, so things could of changed (or I misunderstood them). I certainly wouldn't doubt it though anyway. COD doesn't have the best track record with cheaters

And created a whole lot of new issues.

Lol got this game for free (Thanks futureshop!) and the game runs like crap on MP. Stutter galore..

Back