CoD: BlackOps

It'd be hard to make it any worse of an experience on PC considering MW2 isn't exactly great. I'd be impressed if they could manage that though.

Apparently lean is back. I hope the anti cheat is Punkbuster.

Last edited:
Dude I just bought MW2, I havent opened it yet and after reading this I am thinking about returning MW2 and getting my cash back. I really hated world at war, the graphics seemed cartoonish to me. I want to play cod so bad but I dont want to install mw2 now and in 5 months black ops comes out and its great then mw2 has no online community. Choices choices what to do what to do sigh!!!

MW2 is fine, most people just jump on the MW2 hate bandwagon.

I enjoy playing MW2 still.

Not trying to be a jerk but why do we keep making new threads on this? This has been discussed thoroughly in previous threads.....

Anyway Black ops is obviously going to be departure from the regular series and will likely have nothing in common with MW2.

His shirt was sweet, dedicated servers.
MW2 is going back to BB today for a refund lol

MW2 is fine, most people just jump on the MW2 hate bandwagon.

I enjoy playing MW2 still.

I played it. It was fun for a while. It got old, and it got so full of hackers; real, genuine, 180 degree instasnap through a wall aimbotters that the game became utterly unplayable in Ground War.

And only fags play 6v6 or less.

I played it. It was fun for a while. It got old, and it got so full of hackers; real, genuine, 180 degree instasnap through a wall aimbotters that the game became utterly unplayable in Ground War.

And only fags play 6v6 or less.

I like the generalization :rolleyes:

Wow, according to krameriffic, I'm gay. I better tell my chick as she has no idea.

Fag doesn't *really* mean gay anymore; More like a pussy/coward.

Anyway MW2 SP was ridiculous and the MP is full of 14y/o fags :p

CoD:B.O.
Seams like Treyarch(sp?) are going in the right direction with Dedis etc...

Nonetheless, it has many meanings.. most which are offensive.

dedicated servers doesnt make a game good, its something all games should have in the first place
I'll likely skip on this because it looks like a rushed, reskinned MW1

They have been going in the right direction. United Offensive was a great addition to CoD1, World at War was a much better game than Modern Warfare. The PC experience and support was infinitely better on Treyarch's side of things, compared to Infinity Ward.

They made some stinker's with CoD3 and the early console ports, but every PC release graymatter/treyarch has made has been excellent. So far they've listened to their community, even the tiny competitive one.

dedicated servers doesnt make a game good, its something all games should have in the first place
I'll likely skip on this because it looks like a rushed, reskinned MW1

It's a reskinned WaW

Several gaming sites have posted their impressions of Call of Duty Black Ops. With dozens of different articles and interviews we decided to post a summary of all the new information, although some bits have been confirmed before. Check out the list below:

Singleplayer
Vietnam is just a small part of the story. The games story is set across a large period of time.
Some of the singleplayer maps are based on multiplayer maps, which is usually the other way around.
In some missions you have the option to move in stealthily or go in guns blazing.
The enemy AI is smarter. They will now try to dodge if you aim at them.

Multiplayer
Multiplayer has been in development from day one.
Lean is back!
Vehicles will be returning.
Create-A-Class 2.0 includes deep customization and new features.
The game will include a "barebones" game mode.
As the name implies, there won't be any perks or killstreaks, just old school gameplay.
Many familiar weapons will be making a return, including the AK-47.
The region filter is back.
Improved matchmaking and server browser.
Modern Warfare 2's host migration will be included.
Auto-Aim can be turned on/off.
PC gamers will be able to enjoy the comfort and luxury of dedicated servers.
The PC version will have an anti-cheat software, but it's unknown if it's Punkbuster.
There will be support for the competitive community, which will include great tools.
The team focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game is twice the size (World at War).

Co-op Mode
There will be 2-4 player co-op.
Supports 2 player offline split-screen.
It won't be based on the singleplayer campaign.
Zombies might be making a return from World at War.

Miscellaneous
The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War.
The game runs at 60 FPS!
Physics destruction is going to be limited, so no Battlefield Bad Company 2 style "blow holes in the walls" gameplay.
The PC version will look better than the console versions (duh).
There are over 200 people working on Black Ops!

Wtf?

Obviously for the console version. Even the multiplayer in previous CoD titles had slight auto-aim, which annoyed some players.

I've been reading a few previews and it seems like Treyarch is taking the PC version seriously, which is encouraging. Hopefully it turns out to be a decent game on top of that.

also:

Josh Peckler: "Peek, lean and prone?"

PCDev: "I won't talk about balancing, but you will be able to lean".

Game is now balanced for lean!

I was really hoping for more destructible terrain. Hell, I don't need to blow houses down, I just want to be able to make a small hole by shooting at it enough.

Only time will tell but I don't think you two could be any more wrong, besides what's wrong with WaW?

"The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War. "

Didn't say there's anything wrong with it just confirming its WaW.

"The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War. "

Didn't say there's anything wrong with it just confirming its WaW.

Obviously it's the same engine, just upgraded a little. I didn't mean to be so harsh, I just hate when people discount WaW as a "re-skinned cod4" when it's nothing like that, the only thing they shared was the engine, and WaW had the superior one.

The DLC for this game is again going to be a timed exclusive for the 360. It's a shitty system but if everything else holds it it'll be great regardless.

This game is gonna be a bust i think. I don't care if it has ded servers or punkbuster, that doesn't matter at all. Vehicles ruin the cod experience, no perks, get real. W@W was garbage, the sound was terrible, the graphics looked cartoonish, the maps sucked.

When w@w came out the # of ppl playing cod4 didn't really go down, cod4 was the better game for sure, single player was worlds better, and mp was better. The guns will be lame like in w@w. I'm not even gonna think about buying this.

Vehicles in cod3 totally ruins the game, soon as it starts off everyone runs for a damn tank,
no killstreaks either??? That's fucking lame, this is gonna flop. They can focus on mp all they want, it's the gameplay and what they put in it vehicle, weapon, killstreaks wise that gonna make it flop hard...

I always prefered WAW over COD4, and I didn't even play MW2, but this one I may try out.

This game is gonna be a bust i think. I don't care if it has ded servers or punkbuster, that doesn't matter at all. Vehicles ruin the cod experience, no perks, get real. W@W was garbage, the sound was terrible, the graphics looked cartoonish, the maps sucked.

You must be new to COD. The vehicles in UO made that game the most playable over time MP game for the COD series to date. Perks ruined COD to most MP gamers, come on, nukes, helos, and airstrikes were far too easy and annoying.

When w@w came out the # of ppl playing cod4 didn't really go down, cod4 was the better game for sure, single player was worlds better, and mp was better. The guns will be lame like in w@w. I'm not even gonna think about buying this.

To the new kiddie gamers COD4 was better. COD4 was smoother and more refined than WaW, but the gameplay was lacking. The small maps and killstreaks, hardcore, ruined COD4. Halo kids loved it though.

Vehicles in cod3 totally ruins the game, soon as it starts off everyone runs for a damn tank,
no killstreaks either??? That's fucking lame, this is gonna flop. They can focus on mp all they want, it's the gameplay and what they put in it vehicle, weapon, killstreaks wise that gonna make it flop hard...

It adds more to the game to have tanks and a few vehicles to get around if the maps are big enough. Go play COD:UO and you can see how the MP was balanced very well for tanks and infantry. The mp is what keeps a PC game alive and UO was playable for years.

Much preferred WaW multi to MW1/2. Only problem I had with it was the annoying spawning sometimes.

You must be new to COD. The vehicles in UO made that game the most playable over time MP game for the COD series to date. Perks ruined COD to most MP gamers, come on, nukes, helos, and airstrikes were far too easy and annoying.

To the new kiddie gamers COD4 was better. COD4 was smoother and more refined than WaW, but the gameplay was lacking. The small maps and killstreaks, hardcore, ruined COD4. Halo kids loved it though.

It adds more to the game to have tanks and a few vehicles to get around if the maps are big enough. Go play COD:UO and you can see how the MP was balanced very well for tanks and infantry. The mp is what keeps a PC game alive and UO was playable for years.

Amen to all of that. CoD:UO - CoD2 where the peak of the series, with WaW sort of being a throwback to those days in my eyes. I do think WaW was as smooth and refined as CoD4 after the first or second patch.

I rewatched Decerto 1/2 the other day and it made me extremely sad. There was so much skill involved in those games they were indeed ruined by Perks, and Killstreaks. Hardcore more has always been a fail in my eyes, I like the idea of a streamlined hud but HC hasn't been implemented well at all in any FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5NZzJbNaos

Several gaming sites have posted their impressions of Call of Duty Black Ops. With dozens of different articles and interviews we decided to post a summary of all the new information, although some bits have been confirmed before. Check out the list below:

Singleplayer
Vietnam is just a small part of the story. The games story is set across a large period of time.
Some of the singleplayer maps are based on multiplayer maps, which is usually the other way around.
In some missions you have the option to move in stealthily or go in guns blazing.
The enemy AI is smarter. They will now try to dodge if you aim at them.

Multiplayer
Multiplayer has been in development from day one.
Lean is back!
Vehicles will be returning.
Create-A-Class 2.0 includes deep customization and new features.
The game will include a "barebones" game mode.
As the name implies, there won't be any perks or killstreaks, just old school gameplay.
Many familiar weapons will be making a return, including the AK-47.
The region filter is back.
Improved matchmaking and server browser.
Modern Warfare 2's host migration will be included.
Auto-Aim can be turned on/off.
PC gamers will be able to enjoy the comfort and luxury of dedicated servers.
The PC version will have an anti-cheat software, but it's unknown if it's Punkbuster.
There will be support for the competitive community, which will include great tools.
The team focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game is twice the size (World at War).

Co-op Mode
There will be 2-4 player co-op.
Supports 2 player offline split-screen.
It won't be based on the singleplayer campaign.
Zombies might be making a return from World at War.

Miscellaneous
The game engine is a heavily modified version of the IW engine which was used in World at War.
The game runs at 60 FPS!
Physics destruction is going to be limited, so no Battlefield Bad Company 2 style "blow holes in the walls" gameplay.
The PC version will look better than the console versions (duh).
There are over 200 people working on Black Ops!

Wtf?

the auto aim is for noobs that cant use a mouse.. its not the same as an auto aim cheat it just aims the gun when your in a general location of the person.. unless you use auto aim in every single game it will drive you insane and will not benefit a normal FPS gamer.. (its something thats heavily used in consoles as well even though you dont have an option to turn it on or off in most console games)

the auto aim is for noobs that cant use a mouse.. its not the same as an auto aim cheat it just aims the gun when your in a general location of the person.. unless you use auto aim in every single game it will drive you insane and will not benefit a normal FPS gamer.. (its something thats heavily used in consoles as well even though you dont have an option to turn it on or off in most console games)

i imagine that line-item applies to the console version only.

Hopefully its a little better than world at war, I got to like level 60 in WAW and then joined a leveling server because I was getting sick of playing and just wanted the last few levels. I liked that they brought back CTF in WAW whereas COD4 didnt have it. BO has potential but we will see. I am a MW2 fanboy and I still love COD4 also but play MW2 95% of the time so hopefully there are not so many COD games that I get overloaded and start hating them all.

if BO is not good enough to replace COD4 as the standard of COD4 competition then I think it will be a complete bust.

what makes you so sure that Dedicated servers will be in the final.
They were in the other game till they took them out at release.

a co that cares about pc gamers....ROFL
its the parent co that is marketing the game that has the final say.

what makes you so sure that Dedicated servers will be in the final.
They were in the other game till they took them out at release.

a co that cares about pc gamers....ROFL
its the parent co that is marketing the game that has the final say.

being that they failed to even remove the dedicated server coding from MW2 and this game of course is just another COD4 modded engine you can pretty much expect the code to be there again.. plus its cheaper and more profitable for activision to keep the dedicated servers.. but its just going to be another joke of a game.. the COD4 engines going to become the quake 3 engine soon.. 10 years down the road COD 50 will still be using the cod4 engine..

Back