COD Black Ops Eyefinity Support, yes or no

Update for those of you that don't know:

Dopefish just released a new version of widescreen fixer that not only applies the correct FOV, but it:

- centers the HUD (wooot)
- unstretches the 2D elements in game (OMG)

http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Obligatory screen:
blackops201011100053337.jpg

how is it running on ur xfired 5870's? what reso? I have a single 5870 @ 5040x1050... still contemplating whether to buy this or not...

Running Dopefish's WSF and it's been working fine (and I haven't been banned, yet). If I get banned for using it, not going to cry about it, I'd rather not play if I can't use surround, anyways. It is definitely unplayable without the WSF. I get a severe amount of hitching that seems to occur (best guess) whenever a helicopter spawns, but it kinda seems server related too, so it's hard to say..
Max graphic settings are nothing to write home about, wish they would've at least matched MW2s graphic quality but, ah well

I actually contacted Punkbuster about the widescreenfixer, and they said that they have no problem with it for COD4.

Now on VAC, people have been banned on MW2 for using widescreenfixer. This may be because you need the console enabled, so it might work for Black Ops as they are keeping the console I believe, but I'm not taking the chance.

Seems my days of COD are over, I just can't bring myself to play on only one screen anymore. I made that mistake with Starcraft 2, and after beating the single player I haven't touched it since.

Thanks for this info! I will be getting my CoD4 installation updated for some eyefinity goodness! I completely agree with you -- the first question I ask when a new game comes out is if eyefinity is supported. It is so hard for me to enjoy a game on a single monitor now (and yes, I know that's sad, but it's the truth).

Thanks for this info! I will be getting my CoD4 installation updated for some eyefinity goodness! I completely agree with you -- the first question I ask when a new game comes out is if eyefinity is supported. It is so hard for me to enjoy a game on a single monitor now (and yes, I know that's sad, but it's the truth).

Were you in the AA clan Sniper?

Also I just found out Black Ops is a 24 player max game, hosted through gameservers, who are probably the laggiest of the server farms. Considering my favorite way to play was 50 man SD matches, it seems there really is no reason for me to ever buy another COD game. Looks like COD4 and maybe a reinstall of WaW for me.

Ten bucks says they limited server size to try and lessen the lag on the shitty gameserver boxes.

ok, so got it installed and everything is good with widscreen fixer except for one thing. You cannot enable it until you join a server, and you must disable it via hotkey before you exit the server. If you dont, then the menu is unclickable (requiring a restart of game). The problem with this is that you must config ur classes and contracts etc. with them all stretched out. It ok but annoying.. atleast it works in game.!

Just hover over the menu item and hit enter on your keyboard, you can leave WSF enabled the whole time

I actually contacted Punkbuster about the widescreenfixer, and they said that they have no problem with it for COD4.

Now on VAC, people have been banned on MW2 for using widescreenfixer. This may be because you need the console enabled, so it might work for Black Ops as they are keeping the console I believe, but I'm not taking the chance.

Seems my days of COD are over, I just can't bring myself to play on only one screen anymore. I made that mistake with Starcraft 2, and after beating the single player I haven't touched it since.

What source said they were banned from VAC ? Trying to determine if I should take the chance

Back