COD 4 patch sent to Microsoft for certification!

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15700/...Certification/

Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward Community Relations Manager, has announced that the new feature patch for the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4 has finished its internal testing and development and has officially been sent off to Microsoft for Certification. Below is a list of some of the new features found in this upcoming patch:

New Kill Cams

We?ve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those ?WTF!? grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say?? whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203?s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration

Now you won?t have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that we?ve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I?m a horrible sniper), but now it?s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more ?WTF I know I hit that guy!? moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam

Now when you?re in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever you?re watching.

Quick Mute Option

Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.

copied from avs forums but i have seen it on cod4 forums also.

Woot! So how long does Microsoft screw with it? Hope it comes out quickly I'm dying for some better sniper, getting the gold draganov is getting tedious. Plus the mute is much needed.

Not trying to hijack, but is there going to be a similar patch for the PS3 version?

Doesn't anybody notice anything? These updated features are exactly the same as the ones in Halo 3. I don't know I may be talking about of my ass but meh.

Doesn't anybody notice anything? These updated features are exactly the same as the ones in Halo 3. I don't know I may be talking about of my ass but meh.
There's nothing wrong with that. These updates are much needed. I'm tired of getting dropped from games constantly because the host decides to leave, and I appreciate the quick mute option for the instances where it may come in handy.

Quick Mute... best feature so far. Nothing like playing a game and hearing some tool talk about how bad he got wasted last night. :rolleyes:

That's my main gripe with cod4 no Host Migration, so this will be great. I'm so sick of finding a good group of people to play with and the host leaves and everybody's back to square one.

I am so sick of all the little shit that needs to be fixed in this game and I seriously think MS needs to evaluate the time they are wasting between patch and implementation. That QA process has to seriously stifle some of the more creative ideas that come down the pipe after a game has been released.

I know for sure it cost us "Winter Crash" which was hilarious, and beloved by all on the PC side of things.

That's my main gripe with cod4 no Host Migration, so this will be great. I'm so sick of finding a good group of people to play with and the host leaves and everybody's back to square one.

How about when you are waiting in a lobby for the countdown and it gets to 3...2....1 and then the host quits. Now I just sit there for 45 seconds waiting for a game just for the host to quit.

Or when the game starts and right away "It's a draw" or whatever when the host leaves. Nothing pisses me off more with this game, I swear.

Another thing we could use in the game is a "start now" button for the host. I mean if the room is full, do we really need to wait for 45 seconds to start the next game? Lets just get to it already....thanx

Will this ever come out for PC?

Well...most of the stuff in this patch doesn't apply to the PC version of the game. Mostly lobby and matchmaking patches 'n whatnot. And we already have some of that kill cam stuff. I'm not sure about the "watch from the bomb point of view"...but..uhh...sounds cool, but probably not worthy of a whole patch for the PC.

However, they may implement some of that in a new patch in the future...who knows.

Back