CoD 1.2 patch...

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Well, pretty typical patch

Infinity Ward listened to all the suggestions made by ex-CAL-CS players who think everything should be done their way, and fix 'their' ideas of exploits.

- You can't bunny hop
- Nerfed sniping
- HQ mode sucks
- Nerfed rifles
- Thomson is a bb gun
- Changed hit boxes
- ugh :mad:

the rifles arent nerfed, if anything they are better because of the hitbox change.

bunny hopping shouldn't have even made it into retail, IW knew this so they fixed it the way its supposed to be played.

-weakened sniping - excellent i can stand to play maps like hurtgen, rocket, brecourt ect now.

-HQ mode - is a dissapointment. Can't hold a candle to the objective modes in most other games.

-bunny hopping - glad it's gone, just wish they'd do it via a good physics model instead of the crappy cs style slow down. Makes legit jumping so dangerous.

-hit boxes - need to play a more, but they seem like an improvment.

I am an admitted bunny hopper/sniper. They totally changed the way MP is played now. It used to be so fast paced and hectic, but now it seems a step slower.

I can live without bunny hopping as strafing is a deadlier skill, but they killed the sniper rifles and using them it totally awkward now.

I hate the patch.

Please i knew people were going to cry "suck" when the patch came out becasue there are some many snipers without skill!

I mean honestly 80% of snipers back in 1.0, 1.1 sucked but
was still able to kill becasue it was so easy.

The real skill it determined by Stock Rifles like the K98, Mos, M1 with iron sights i can hit people almost sniper range with just iron sights like its nothing.

So this new so called "nerf" to snipers rifles is just a reason to bitch that they can't use the rifle effectivly anymore.

You know your a good sniper is when each team is totaly full with sniper rifles and its just a snipe-off and your trying to rush type in "any player can snipe". Get the Sniper Rifle and kill the whole oppsition team with almost you hands tied behind your back.
All the sudden no one wants to be a sniper anymore

:D

BTW, my game name is NastyNate

i remember when i was playing hurtgen and the teams were 18 allies vs 8 germans. and they got us cornered with the sniping and i spawned with an mp40 because i was getting hella pissed and was able to get on their side and went down the line killing them as they sniped.

HRslammR killed leet
HRslammR killed tiger
HRslammR killed omgyay
HRslammR killed weoawe

i got 10 of em before i got got. but it was sweet.

how has the sniper been nerfed exactly? takes more hits? and what's with the hitbox change? what exactly changed?

nerfed the bunny hop wow, i might actually get to use the mp portion of the game now!

Changing the scoped rifles had to be done because they were using them as assult weapons all over the map, rushing in bang jumping in the air again bang. Now they can't scope in at close range near as quick or accuratly which makes it real. Snipers are the ones who scope out the field or sit back whatever, not rush around slautering everyone because its a skill semi easy to learn.

Headquarters is a good game its just right now everyone is running around like chickens with no heads. Once team organization starts things will be better.

And getting rid of jumpers has it's good things and bad things. The bad I kinda miss getting killed by them(since I'm not a jumper) and hunting them down just to show them!:mad: The good thing is I don't think I needed to be harrassed by rabbits all day either. I mean I'm in a room and one hops in bounces all over the room kills me and bounces out the window. Silly:(

1.2 is better. It will just take time for everyone to stop the urge to leap to the sky every damn step./

Back