• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

coax-->optical adaptor

SuperDuper

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
101
I just took my blow 5Ds out of the box only to find that they don't have an optical input. Anyone know where I can find a coax-->optical adaptor?
 
You actually want an optical->coax adapter. Both are available and fairly common, so make sure you get the right thing. Products that do this are available all over the 'net, including eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CABLES-TO-G...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5186bf6445

That said, if you're trying to connect it to your PC, chances are you already have a header on your motherboard for this and just need to buy the plate with the output jack. Check your manual. If that's the case, you can make one yourself, or they're available dirt cheap. See for example: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=997533

Edit: Monoprice has one too: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2948&seq=1&format=2
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just have a question about this topic.

My computer has an optical out and my surround sound only has coax in. I ordered the coax>optical on accident. It already shipped after I noticed. Does anyone know if it is possible to make it work the other way around?
The one I ordered looks like the one posted earlier: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2948&seq=1&format=2
of course its going in reverse.
Thanks!
 
No. The optical part is a transmitter instead of a receiver, so even if you rewired it internally it wouldn't work.
 
Back
Top