Co-workers went from Android to iPhone, can't recieve calls

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
My company upgraded my co-workers from their ancient Galaxy S7's to iPhone 12's. But they seem to only be able to make calls or send texts to other iPhone's, not Android phones. And when I call my co-worker, his old Android phone takes my call, not his new iPhone. But I have a iPhone as well, and I can text him no problem.

He was on T-Mobile with a SIM card on the old Android, and is now on Verizon with the new iPhone 12, but it came with a new 5G SIM card.

So, what settings do we need to change in the iPhone 12 to get his phone working 100%, to accept all phone calls? or is there a setting that needs to be changed in the old Android galaxy phone?

Thanks.

My company upgraded my co-workers from their ancient Galaxy S7's to iPhone 12's. But they seem to only be able to make calls or send texts to other iPhone's, not Android phones. And when I call my co-worker, his old Android phone takes my call, not his new iPhone. But I have a iPhone as well, and I can text him no problem.

He was on T-Mobile with a SIM card on the old Android, and is now on Verizon with the new iPhone 12, but it came with a new 5G SIM card.

So, what settings do we need to change in the iPhone 12 to get his phone working 100%, to accept all phone calls? or is there a setting that needs to be changed in the old Android galaxy phone?

Thanks.
The carrier/number should have been switched from the old SIM to the new eSIM/cdma, or else if they're using a private pbx, they'll have to set it up for the new phones/numbers and/or configure the new phones to connect to it.

Without knowing more about their setup, that's about all the advice I can give.

Well, if they turn off the old android phones it might automatically go to the next connected device (should be the new iphones), but that depends on how they're configured and if they're actually connected/registered correctly.

Likely the port wasn't completed due to incorrect acct#/pin. They'll need to reach out to Verizon to provide correct port info.

If the port info is correct, they'll need to turn off wi-fi and restart the phone to complete the activation.

*note: I'm a VZW employee*

Turn off android phones. Run network reset on iPhones. Reboot. Run again. Reboot once more. Then try a call. Had this happen with the latest iphone when I upgraded if the old one was still on the network at all.

Back