CNPS9700LED in a MicroFly MX6

armyoffoo

Limp Gawd
The specs are in my sig

img0003uv4.jpg

img0002fl3.jpg

img0001zo8.jpg

NIce, but from the looks of it, it looks like you could have gotten away with only cutting the inner portion of the hard drive rail. Removing the whole rail weakens the structure.

NIce, but from the looks of it, it looks like you could have gotten away with only cutting the inner portion of the hard drive rail. Removing the whole rail weakens the structure.

Actually with the side and top panels on it's just fine.

Interesting. Whats it look like with the cover on? And with the system turned on?
Good job!

Hey,

Is it possible to fit in the 9700 without cutting out the entire hard drive bar? Im guessing you have the hdd in the bottom 5.25" tray. But I would like to be able to retain the hdd bar.. Can you tell me if the 9700 will fit by only cutting it partially?

thanks!

It's pretty close to the side cover, it might be possible with only a chunk cut out but it would be thin. One of the only reasons the 9700 fits in this case with the bar removed is because of the location of the socket on the motherboard I'm using. For instance it fits using the ECS G33-MT mobo but not my Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R mobo.

Was using on board when I took that shot, had a 7950GT in it but I have since moved the contents into a CoolerMaster Elite 340 case.

Just wanted to say, thanks. I had originally planned to get the microfly mx6.

Since I read your last post, and saw your setup, I went ahead and purchased the Coolermaster Elite 340 yesterday.

I still can't belive the $17 dollar price tag. I'm going to either pick up the corsair 620 or the enermax 720 assuming that the ladder will fit. Some scythe s-flex fans, and the vf1000 for my 8800.

Any issues/regrets with yours that I should know about?

In the end I have a classy looking case, that is quiet, small(er) and will fit all my components.

Thanks again, can't wait to put it together...:D

****Edit*****

Just curious how you like the zalman v1000, and how are the temps? I have the 9500, and am debating adding the V1000.

Or Upgrading the cpu cooler to the U-120E, and possibly trying the HR03+ for the 8800.

Do you think it would fit?

Thanks.

Just curious if you would post a pic of your cooler master elite 340. I'm in the process of setting mine up :)

Thanks.

Actually with the side and top panels on it's just fine.

If you end up with more flex than you want, I used a threaded rod with only the front part of the support sitting on it for the hdd.

Very nice work, had origianlly planned on a 9500 but went with an 8700 as I wanted to use the mobo tray.

EDIT: OOPS! just took a better look at the top view and it looks like even a rod would touch the hsf.

Back