CNC cutting and or milling

CAD OC'er

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know where I can get parts made with CNC machines. I've been to Customwaterjetcutting.com but it doesn't look like he can make my part. I'm not looking for production work, I just need link to good inexpensive CNC businesses.

Use the people I use.

Your local automotive performance shops. The ones that do their own machining. Try the phonebook.
They usually have smaller (and thusly cheaper) milling and cutting rigs. They can usually do custom work for you fairly quickly and much cheaper than a regular CNC shop.

And for the record, I think waterjet overall is pretty crap for anything that isn't absolutely flat. ;)

I tried getting a quote from custom water cuts (for some small parts) but after the first response I never got anything back.

Meh. I guess just check locally for small shops.

How long ago was that? I got one reply from Chris so I sent him the CAD file, layout plans, & a rendering of exactly what i needed; and he hasn't email back... yet. I guess I'll give it another week.

CAD OC'er said:
How long ago was that? I got one reply from Chris so I sent him the CAD file, layout plans, & a rendering of exactly what i needed; and he hasn't email back... yet. I guess I'll give it another week.

same thing here. It's been a few weeks. Either he's busy or doesn't want business. His loss.

Chris finally replied. I guess he's really swamped with work. His quote was $100 less than emachineshop, so I guess I'll be using him.

If i wasnt on vacation i could make it for you at school... we have the one of the best cnc, machining shops, and welding shops in the state...

Hit up your local sheet metal fab shops. Most will be happy to do the work at a relatively low price.

Back