- Joined
- Sep 9, 2002
- Messages
- 5,657
I have to use CMSS3D a lot lately for games like Need for Speed: Most wanted to have 5.1. It only has stereo. Now this feature is also for headphone users right? My understanding is it serves this dual duty correct? It can switch between either simulating a 5.1 audio source from stereo or trying to simulate 5.1 on a set of headphones depending on which the output is set to (5.1 or headphones)?
My big thing is I also want to know if I should go in to the control panel to disable it when I play a game like BF2 that properly supports surround. Also, since better CMSS3D is touted as a good reason for headphone users to upgrade to X-Fi, what about for all these games only dealing out stereo? I have my gear hooked up to a receiver and a 5.1 setup which I like.
Thanks guys.
My big thing is I also want to know if I should go in to the control panel to disable it when I play a game like BF2 that properly supports surround. Also, since better CMSS3D is touted as a good reason for headphone users to upgrade to X-Fi, what about for all these games only dealing out stereo? I have my gear hooked up to a receiver and a 5.1 setup which I like.
Thanks guys.