CMS for Custom sites?

Steve_Oaks

Gawd
I am at a crossroad. I need a cms and I do not know of a cms out there that can do what I need. I need the ability to use a completely custom design. This design would be coming from Photoshop, which would then be cut and coded into valid XHTML/CSS. Because of this custom design, multiple editable sections will need to be supported. Not to concerned with ability to have member sections, polls and other "clutter". Although the ability to integrate other software packages with it would be desirable. Things like blogs, message board (yes the clutter I just said I do not want in the cms) . The CMS could have these items but I want them to be completely removable as needed. The ability to extend the cms and write custom modules/software for it will be key. Goals here include standard CMS functionality, non-technical user ability to update text and upload and integrate images into predefined content areas. Template willing, the ability to add menu items and pages.

I hope this makes sense. I have a feeling I will be writing my own custom solution, but would not mind starting with something already established. PHP is a must. If this was not clear already, this would be for clients site. So this solution will be deployed over and over, not just a one time design/implement solution.

I'm not sure that there was a question in there. Seems to me that a custom site would need a custom CMS solution. I have done 2 sites in the past couple of months that have a completely custom, from scratch CMS. Writing it yourself is the only way to go if you ask me. That's what makes it custom.

Take a look at Wordpress, allows you to make your own completely custom templates. I think it should be able to be customized enough for your needs.

Edit: After rereading your post a little slower, that solution didn't really make any sense :)

Back