mochinushi
n00b
- Joined
- Apr 15, 2007
- Messages
- 14
Hello [H]'ers!
I've got a Asus A8N-E and a Opteron 146 @ 2,8Ghz - before the motherboard started acting wierd. Now i have to keep everything at auto settings or the computer wont even post. Because when i try to change the settings the CMOS seems to get reset automatically when i reboot, and sometimes cpu speed is set to some random ridiculously high number like 3,7Ghz. I've noticed the northbridge passive heatsink sometimes gets very hot, burning hot, around 60-80Celsius i would guess. Can theese temperatures have damaged the board permanently?
I've got a Asus A8N-E and a Opteron 146 @ 2,8Ghz - before the motherboard started acting wierd. Now i have to keep everything at auto settings or the computer wont even post. Because when i try to change the settings the CMOS seems to get reset automatically when i reboot, and sometimes cpu speed is set to some random ridiculously high number like 3,7Ghz. I've noticed the northbridge passive heatsink sometimes gets very hot, burning hot, around 60-80Celsius i would guess. Can theese temperatures have damaged the board permanently?