CM The Reform 1.0

Gloves

n00b
Hey guys,

I've been on these forums for quite some time, however I've never really registered... since I don't really have anything to contribute to these forums. So I decided to post my own case mod since I think a majority of people here are more budget minded and are more DIYers than other forums I've been to... I'll post my worklog later!

Note: I started off with a stock CM Stacker STC-101

This is what it looked like before:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

full_side_panel_off.JPG

side+front_sealed.jpg

side_sealed.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what it looks like now:

%5Bfinal%5D%20front.JPG

%5Bfinal%5D%20top+front.JPG

%5Bfinal%5D%20side+front1.JPG

%5Bfinal%5D%20back+top+side.JPG

%5Bfina%5D%20side+front2%20editted.png

%5Bfina%5D%20side%20editted.png

Enjoy! Tell me what you guys think! =)

Fantastic mate what a great job :), how long did you work on it for? What are the specs?

Fantastic mate what a great job :), how long did you work on it for? What are the specs?

thanks halloween!

I've worked on it for a while... lol I don't know how many hours, but a fair bit of it went towards designing the top panel on Solidworks. I would estimate around 20-25 hours were spent on improving the case (including design and labor).

The specs are:

Core i7 860 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte P55A-UD4P
G.Skill Eco 1600MHz
Corsair TX750
EVGA GTX 460 768 MB SC (don't ask why I got the SC version... was kinda stupid at the time of purchasing it)

Watercooling components:

Thermochill PA 120.3
Swiftech micro res
Swiftech variable pump
Apogee XT waterblock

Awesome work, are you planning on putting the 460 on the loop?

lol I would IF i had the money, and tbh i can't justify the price of a waterblock when i can just get another 460 and have a greater performance difference then getting a wb and cooling one 460 =P

ooo this is nice, I'm kinda thinking about doing a watercooling system on my next build but Im virgin at watercooling. Your WC system looks very simple and clean which is what I would like to do.

How did you find your WC ?

ooo this is nice, I'm kinda thinking about doing a watercooling system on my next build but Im virgin at watercooling. Your WC system looks very simple and clean which is what I would like to do.

How did you find your WC ?

I think your question was, how did i find my WC components? I'm not sure but to direct that question, I basically bought everything used, except for the tubing, distilled water, and waterblock. However I did have to do a little bit of clean up with all the components, like rinsing them with hot water, and vinegar... and repainting the rad. The WC components ended up to cost about... 200 bucks or something like that...

Now that I look at it, it's an expensive setup... but worth it? Yeah, I only wanted watercooling solely because I wanted to fill up the space in my case... (as retarded as that sounds, yes that's my reason).

I love that you got rid of the godawful buldge on the top of the original Stacker!

I think your question was, how did i find my WC components? I'm not sure but to direct that question, I basically bought everything used, except for the tubing, distilled water, and waterblock. However I did have to do a little bit of clean up with all the components, like rinsing them with hot water, and vinegar... and repainting the rad. The WC components ended up to cost about... 200 bucks or something like that...

Now that I look at it, it's an expensive setup... but worth it? Yeah, I only wanted watercooling solely because I wanted to fill up the space in my case... (as retarded as that sounds, yes that's my reason).

actually my question was how did you find the whole experience of building the WC and putting all the different parts together and getting it to work? any leaks when you first fired it up? any problems you had to fix on the fly, getting the right components so everything fitter properly ect

But your answer still answered probably the next question, where did you source everything.

actually my question was how did you find the whole experience of building the WC and putting all the different parts together and getting it to work? any leaks when you first fired it up? any problems you had to fix on the fly, getting the right components so everything fitter properly ect

But your answer still answered probably the next question, where did you source everything.

Sorry!! took so long to reply, but getting all the parts to work together was pretty easy tbh... I guess i got pretty lucky by having no leaks whatsoever lol... or maybe it was careful planning... hmm.. i don't know cuz i didn't do much planning... i only planned on where to place everything and what to buy... everything else just seemed to work out. Overall, it was an AWESOME experience putting everything together, and then seen everything work =P

Nice paint. How many layers did you do?

i didn't do too many layers, I only did two layers on the side panels, the internals, and probably 3 coats on the top panel.

Back